4 door GT conversion

rid1ridz14

Member +
hello guys, was looking on the threads but didn't see anything.. was wondering if anyone on here have done the ep82 4 door conversion to a 4 door gt, like engine wise it's easy but exterior wise, body kits etc

Jay

Admin
Welcome to the site.

The 4 door conversion is much trickier. The GT panels were never made for that shell so it's not straight forward plug and play.

Front and rear end aren't an issue but it's that join in the middle that gets tricky.

If you look up EP80's in the likes of Bangladesh and Chile those guys have had a lot more experience of making things work. Think there's a few different groups on Instagram (try Starlets of Indonesia iirc) and Facebook which should have info on the custom bits.

Just checked- these guys on Instagram feature a lot of 4 doors so it can be done.

View attachment 6066

this is the first time i've seen a 4 door with the complete GT kit...it actually looks very good, like if it came from the factory that way

i suspect they use a fibre glass mold or take the stock kit and cut/rejoin/customise it to suit, either way it looks good on that car.....one would just need to make sure the customisation work on the kit is done properly---no tacky/warp looking stuff

i've seen a few ep70s and ep80s locally with the 4efte conversion, but not with the external body kit attached

rid1ridz14

Member +
this is the first time i've seen a 4 door with the complete GT kit...it actually looks very good, like if it came from the factory that way

i suspect they use a fibre glass mold or take the stock kit and cut/rejoin/customise it to suit, either way it looks good on that car.....one would just need to make sure the customisation work on the kit is done properly---no tacky/warp looking stuff

i've seen a few ep70s and ep80s locally with the 4efte conversion, but not with the external body kit attached
yes that's what I mean, doing the engine conversion is pretty straight forward but the door/side panels are trickyy, defo customs.. wonder how they attach it to the doors afterwards.. might contact the Indonesian guys.

yes that's what I mean, doing the engine conversion is pretty straight forward but the door/side panels are trickyy, defo customs.. wonder how they attach it to the doors afterwards.. might contact the Indonesian guys.

possibly attached using a combination of high quality 2 sided tape (3M, etc.), plastic clips if holes are drilled into the doors, urethane/glue (though it would be difficult to remove the panels if needed later on).
yeah, its better to ask a question to those guys who have actually done it so that you have the correct information...they may also be able to direct you to where the panels are available and prices.

rid1ridz14

Member +
yup thanks guys :) might be doing one soon because I already have the 4efte engine just looking for a mint car/base