40mm drop

MeisterR

Lifer
Depend on how you drop it and also what dampers you are on.
How the springs are made makes a big difference on ride quality... but 40mm is still quite a bit of drop on standard dampers.
17" is a little big for the EP also as you will be running quite a small profile tyres...

A proper Dual Perch coilovers like the MeisterR Zeta-R will be the way to go as it will have good ride no matter what you set the ride height at.

churcherj

Member +
would my glanza ride ok with 17s and a 40mm drop?

definately do not go with 17's on any ep! its far to big for this car it will handle like crap, imo the most id ever go for is 15s, or push it to 16's but no more than that...

if you just want it too look cool then fit 17's, but if you want to retain some performance i.e handling/accelaration i would personally never touch 17s

bumblebee

Member +
i agree...am on 17s right now and am looking for a decent set of 15s for when am bringing it back on the road...you really dont wanna do that..if there's any imperfection in the road (stone chips etc) you're gonna feel like you just ran through a ditch..no handling and accelaration sucks..but if you're for looks go right ahead

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
was on the car when i got it never had any problems really.got a set of teins the other day was thinking of fitting them monday but dont know now lol

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
sounds like iam missing out on something then never drove it on anything else.the ride on mine is pretty rough.

MeisterR

Lifer
The sidewall is what it is about... you really need at least 3.5" of sidewall to give a compliant handling.
otherwise, the ride start getting quite rough as you don't have enough sidewall flex.

As for what tyres you can get, it depends on the size of the wheels and the original tyres size.

If you want to have the big wheels looks, drop down to 16" and you will see a vase improvement... but as everyone said, 15" seems to be the right size for the EP.

bumblebee

Member +
yes, you are missing out lol..i got the bumblebee on 17s too..it was more of a show car..

i think you should get some 15s or 16s before you put on the springs...just my opinion thou

as you said the ride is rough..imagine taking away approx. 1.5'' of the shock stroke now..
might just make things worse

MeisterR

Lifer
yes, you are missing out lol..i got the bumblebee on 17s too..it was more of a show car..

i think you should get some 15s or 16s before you put on the springs...just my opinion thou

as you said the ride is rough..imagine taking away approx. 1.5'' of the shock stroke now..
might just make things worse

You can get away with that if you are using a dual perch coilovers as you are not taking away any damper stroke travel by lowering the car.

But true that to get the most out of your car, going back to 15" or 16" will be better.

MeisterR

Lifer
If I have a say, I would recommend against that size.
Not only because everything will be slightly off due to the increase in overall wheel diameter, but the increase in side wall size may make the handling a bit dull.

The 45 profile won't be too harsh, and it will delivery much better steering response than a 50 profile tyres.