4E-FTE & Sequential Fuel Injection

omikron

Member +
From looking at the wiring diagram a starlet is batch injection.

Is it possible for an emanage ultimate to convert a starlet to sequential injection?
Does it affect anything eg target afrs when tuning, fuel milage etc?

My few questions.

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
I'd say that it's not needed to use sequential injection. Better invest in something more fundamental, then a really good management to support the mods and then sequential inj. will be possible and have some meaning.

buckets

Member +
I'd say that it's not needed to use sequential injection. Better invest in something more fundamental, then a really good management to support the mods and then sequential inj. will be possible and have some meaning.

What benefits is sequential injection

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
I'd say that running sequential inj. is not the primary reason for running an after market ecu. Better run direct ignition instead of sequential injection.

I don't know about megasquirt, but if it has at least 6 outputs (either 4 inj 2 ign or 2inj 4ign), descent map resolution (every 500rpm) and some basic functions for aircon, cold start, etc i'd go for it. The good think i know is that it has a large community to help out.

AdamB

Member +
Make up a blanking plate. But the stock ignition system is very capable. Unless you plan on running big boost.
Megasquirt is a good management system, very basic and easy to add components to, easy to map also.

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
You only remove the cap side with the rotor. The main body with the sensor remains and there you have both crank and cam signal.

AdamB

Member +
Wont you still need it for the "crank position" and revs triggers?

Assume you mean cam sensor?
Surely the management can run just off the crank sensor? Some manufacture ECU's manage it, although it is more accurate to run both.

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
I'm 99.9% sure that there is no actual crank angle sensor on the 4EFTE engine. 100% sure that you get all signals of the distributor.

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
Inside the distributor, behind the rotor arm, there two sensor setups, one for crank trigger and one for cam trigger.

You can ran whatever setup you may want (full sequential inj. with dirrect fire) on the stock sensors.

speedfreaq

Member +
both cam and crank sensors are located in the distributor.
going COP or WASTE SPARK (Coil packs) you get rid of the dizzy cap

sequential injection wont be no great power benefit
its more for economy and drivability