4efe and 4efte flywheels the same?

ste-glanza

Member +
hi lads, basically i need to know if the flywheels are the same from both engines?
im putting a standard clutch in the car and the moment and had to get a flywheel also, i went and got a flywheel from a 4efe and clutch from my motor factors
now, my problem is that the clutch and flywheel wont match up?
the flywheel seems right to me, it bolts on to the engine no problems, the problem to me seems to be the clutch as the dowels and holes on the flywheel dont seem to line up with it, or maybe im wrong?
any help appreciated lads

cheers
stephen

dac69er

Super Moderator
my 4efte has a 4efe flywheel fitted. was identical, just better condition than the 4efte flywheel that came off!

Rob H

Member +
That may be something to do with it been 4 wheel drive. The standard 4efe fly and the fte fly are the same size but the 4efe fly is drilled to take a smaller clutch presure plate.

dac69er

Super Moderator
That may be something to do with it been 4 wheel drive. The standard 4efe fly and the fte fly are the same size but the 4efe fly is drilled to take a smaller clutch presure plate.

could be mate. all i know is that they were identical between mine, but as you say. it being an import 4wd one could be the reason

Flaskie 1

Member +
Well lad iv a 4efte flywheel if you want it im in the southeast can fastway it up to you pm me if you want