4EFE engine without distributor?

Skalabala

Member +
Hi members :)

If a 4EFE came out of the factory without a distributor, what exact engine is it?
I can get one and thinking of using it instead of my 4EFTE because -->
I can sell the 4EFTE for way more than I can get the 4EFE for.
I am going to re-bore and fit new rods and pistons.
I do have an extra 4EFTE intake manifold and 365cc injectors.
Using stand alone management with 60-2
To mod the sump is not a problem.
Will use non standard exhaust manifold and turbo.

Any cons?
Think I need a 4EFTE oil filter "locater"? But I can do a T at the oil pressure sender for turbo oil?

5e colin

Member +
that will be a corrola 97 onwards engine it has a blank/braket where the dizzy used to be and the coilpack is bolted to it and on the intake cam is the cam sensor
it should also have the crank sensor in the oilpump housing down low ?

you can take the oil feed from behind oil pressure sender as you said :) works perfect

rebore and new pistons and rods is more then the 4efte is worth !!!!!!!!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
it will only be the head (for the cam sensor) and oil pump (for the crank sensor) that is different on the 4efe without distributor. just swap those parts to the 4efte block and its done.

Skalabala

Member +
Thanks guys :)
But, I can get R8000 for my 4EFTE and buy the 4EFE for R3000.
Rebore is R400 and I have pistons and rods :D

weeJohn

Lifer
You can screw the hollow "bolt" out of that block that the oil filter screws onto and fit a GT/Glanza oil filter housing system if you prefer that oil feed.

Skalabala

Member +
You can screw the hollow "bolt" out of that block that the oil filter screws onto and fit a GT/Glanza oil filter housing system if you prefer that oil feed.

Thanks for the idea bud :) But I will not be able to get something like that here where I stay.
Suppose I can just a relocater :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
Starlet does not exist in South Africa bud :(

But Toyota must do, just order the part in.
The 4efte was never sold in the UK but we can get the parts easily enough, just a slightly longer wait as long as it's not discontinued.

Skalabala

Member +
Lots of people on here have took the stock part off and fitted relocators/sandwich plates.

Thinks I must dig around a little :) Relocating makes space for this
turbo2.jpg
:haha: