4efe or 4afe box + 4efte in a Corolla E11?

Frankieflowers

Fresh Recruit
Hi. I am about to buy a 4efte engine to swap it with a 4efe in a Corolla E11. I was told I can use a 4afe gearbox as it has same resistance to torque as the 4efte box has. Is it true? If so it would save my money. It will cost me £350 compared to the £700 for a 4efte gearbox. I also need a list with every component I need for a smmoth swap. I will buy the engine with the original fuse box. Can I get a diagram or step by step to connect everything right and get the loom in the Corolla correctly? I was told to keep the Corolla inlet manifold and adapt it to the 4efte turbo. Precious information that would save me labor time. Thank you

mj957

Fresh Recruit
Hi. I am about to buy a 4efte engine to swap it with a 4efe in a Corolla E11. I was told I can use a 4afe gearbox as it has same resistance to torque as the 4efte box has. Is it true? If so it would save my money. It will cost me £350 compared to the £700 for a 4efte gearbox. I also need a list with every component I need for a smmoth swap. I will buy the engine with the original fuse box. Can I get a diagram or step by step to connect everything right and get the loom in the Corolla correctly? I was told to keep the Corolla inlet manifold and adapt it to the 4efte turbo. Precious information that would save me labor time. Thank you
the gearbox is essentially the same.. however,u will need to change the bell house to an e-engine bell housing,

Frankieflowers

Fresh Recruit
Could possibly get some comparison pics of what he means at the weekend, I've a Corolla box in the lock up.
I appreciate it I’ve been speaking with my mechanic today. We discussed about the swap. He’s curious to know more details about the airbox sensor new placement in the 4efte. Also the CAT sensor swap from the 4efe exhaust to the 4efte manifold. Where exactly should it go? He’s concerned about how to adapt the 4EFE inlet to the 4efte IC cold air intake. Which volume of front intercooler should he choose as I don’t know volume volume of the original 4efte IC. Maybe 20% bigger to be able to gain the horsepower when mapping the piggyback? Does the MOP4EFTE sensor come with the engine? Someone said it should be changed with theCorolla E11 4EFE when swapping with the 4efte. How should he adapt the engine front mound? He asked me for a fuse box diagram to be able to swap 4efe to 4efte fuse box. A good mapping could cost €600.
Could you help with some of this information I need?

Jay

Admin
Could you take a few pics of the gearbox you have in your vehicle Frankie?

Just want to make sure it's the same box as I have here.