4efte conrod power capabilities

keeno

Member +
I am just wondering what are the power capabilities of the standard
4efte connecting rods. I am planning on running my gt at about 250hp
and have read that standard conrods can only handle 200hp, so was
thinking of uprating, but after going through a few of the gt's on the austarlet club i came accross a few gt's running over 200hp with standard conrods, one even running 270hp. Basically should i bother opening her up again to change the conrods or will they do?

thanks for your help,

cian

Fishy89GT

Banned
i bent a rod on standard boost when playing with bee*r for just 3 days lol.. there not amazing but should be fine at 200bhp but not 270 lol.

basically your talking 1 bar td04 or 1.2 on a hybrid.. i personally wouldnt push it more than that and keep it safe :)

dantheman

Member +
its revs that usually snap or bend rods. considering steel rods can be had pretty cheap these days you'd be a fool not to get some if your planning on running real boost ie over 1.2bar

KrissyB

Member +
Im running 1 bar with standard rods fella its been okay so far and thats on a Hybrid td04:), Glanzadan's running 238bhp @ 1 bar with the same kit

monka

Member +
I am just wondering what are the power capabilities of the standard
4efte connecting rods. I am planning on running my gt at about 250hp
and have read that standard conrods can only handle 200hp, so was
thinking of uprating, but after going through a few of the gt's on the austarlet club i came accross a few gt's running over 200hp with standard conrods, one even running 270hp. Basically should i bother opening her up again to change the conrods or will they do?

thanks for your help,

cian

the australians do seem to be able to get quite a bit more power out of stock engines though,

but tbh, i'd just stick some in there

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
as KrissyB said..

i wouldnt push more than 240 brake to be on the safe side.
unless you want somethink to blow,just take car of the car and dont rev the nuts out off it and your be fine :)

Ted

Member +
instructions with the jam ecu says dont exceed 1 bar to avoid breaking the rods. i take it they meant the ct9 and probably theres a bit of leeway there.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
ive heard revs are the killer

that sir is correct!

the major killer of rods is indeed revs, on the ross pistons i have i ran a good 1.5 occasionally 1.7bar on a few different turbos inc the td04L, only thing is my cr is 7.34:1 thus takes alot of stress from the rods.. i only used to rev it to 6800rpms though to make sure everthing is safe n sound..

it all depends on your setup really & how safe u can keep things... an engine could take more than another, its common sense that no 2 engines are the same.. iv seen stock engines go on for years with over 240 to 260bhp.. so it all depends how good ur tune & how many revs u run...

just my 2p.
kon

350ep70gr

Member +
that sir is correct!

the major killer of rods is indeed revs, on the ross pistons i have i ran a good 1.5 occasionally 1.7bar on a few different turbos inc the td04L, only thing is my cr is 7.34:1 thus takes alot of stress from the rods.. i only used to rev it to 6800rpms though to make sure everthing is safe n sound..

it all depends on your setup really & how safe u can keep things... an engine could take more than another, its common sense that no 2 engines are the same.. iv seen stock engines go on for years with over 240 to 260bhp.. so it all depends how good ur tune & how many revs u run...

just my 2p.
kon
over revving will kill a rod.Very high boost will kill a rod also.

Kon you run 1,5-1,7 on the standard rod or steel ones?

Also would like to know how much (rev,boost) Pauter can handle.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hi mate, on stock rods i ran that boost, however since i had low cr it was less stress on the rods & to compensate i only revved till 6800rpms to be safe :)

pauter's guarantee is 45psi @ 8500rpms :)

kon

keeno

Member +
cheers lads,
think i may just keep the boost down and save myself a few pound.
I have ross racing pistons in my yoke too so hopefully still be able
to keep the power high enough, you can never have enough power, ha.
wouldn't go over 6k revs too often so i think im safe enough.

thanks for the advice

Bullet00th

Member +
Im running a TD04 at 1bar on standard internals and rev the nuts off it. After reading this though I think i'll change gear alittle sooner to reduce the chance of damaging the engine. Already feel like im pushing it...

Good advice Kon

Matt

Johnny_C

Lifer
Im running a TD04 at 1bar on standard internals and rev the nuts off it. After reading this though I think i'll change gear alittle sooner to reduce the chance of damaging the engine. Already feel like im pushing it...

Good advice Kon

Matt

be careful lad as glanza rods are fucking skinny bastards.
gt rods are alomost twice as thick.
i dont know what toyota where thinking when they built the engines for the glanza.

goldenvtr

Member +
be careful lad as glanza rods are fucking skinny bastards.
gt rods are alomost twice as thick.
i dont know what toyota where thinking when they built the engines for the glanza.

where did you get the info that there diffrent? unless your refersing to n/a rods