4EFTE Vs B16A2

StarbowBoi

Member +
im talking about performance and tuning. You alright, your car is the sickest starlet in the uk i reckon. what a rush that drive you took me on. how did it go with that td04?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
if i hear that "private road//airstrip bla bla" thing again im gonna shoot somebody :shoot: lol (metaphorically of course ;))

Skrewface

Member +
if i hear that "private road//airstrip bla bla" thing again im gonna shoot somebody :shoot: lol (metaphorically of course ;))

lol!!

i think thats getting as annoying as the use of "JDM" & "JDMness" !!!! :flame:

any way back on topic, isnt the B16A2 better on top end as they rev harder and longer, this would be both standard i assume!!!??? :)

(ps. im no expert :p )

StarbowBoi

Member +
tuning an n/a car would it cost a lot more to get from say 160 to 200hp or 133 to 200 in a starlet, obviously you can run a bar of boost with the factory ct9.

Skrewface

Member +
tuning an n/a car would it cost a lot more to get from say 160 to 200hp or 133 to 200 in a starlet, obviously you can run a bar of boost with the factory ct9.

personally i would say to get a 160Bhp civic to 200Bhp wouldnt cost the earth. to gain 40Bhp would only take a few mods

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
my crx had the b16a1 and that had a socketed ecu with a different map on it and it would rev to about 8700 ish on the rev counter, it had a few other mods to 4-2-1 aem intake, decat and exhaust system. My starlet is defiently alot faster than the crx in a straight line, i havent really pushed it much handeling wise, due to crap roads and bad weather and i havent had it long so i cant really compare that. i think ive got a few rr graphs for it if you would like me to upload them.

the ek9 is the civic you want. the b16b engine is a awesome spec for a standard engine.

Timmy

Member +
B16A2 is a great engine but a 4efte is better. IMO of course. The 4efte is cheaper to tune up to like 300 bhp.

Rory

Lifer
The B16 engine in standard form is far superior to the 4efte, hands down.

I would have to disagree on tuning capabilities though, the yanks tune b16/18 engines every day, and yet can make the civics run 8's over the 1/4 mile.
Quickest Starlet ive seen is in the 11's.
Let me think about that one............

@ Screwface, enlighten me on how to get 40 bhp on a few mods???? N/A wise........

Mike D EP82

Member +
b16 is the better engine all round as it bulletproof and will top out higher, but the mighty starlet gets off the line a hell of a lot quicker i know from personal experience with my mates b16 at crail a few months back. also his one goes off the clock at 145 and the revs keep going we reckon it will do 155 pushing it but it just doesnt die takes rapid abuse and well 8500rpm sounds amazing with the vtec

Jay

Admin
As Rory says, the B16 is a damned good opponent.

The fact that the little 1331cc is being compared to that engine says a lot about power to weight. Stock on stock you will get a B16 below 60. Above that point it's usually the bigger cc that will come out on top and in front.

99glanzav

Banned
The B16 engine in standard form is far superior to the 4efte, hands down.

I would have to disagree on tuning capabilities though, the yanks tune b16/18 engines every day, and yet can make the civics run 8's over the 1/4 mile.
Quickest Starlet ive seen is in the 11's.
Let me think about that one............

exactly right mate...

@starbowboi- stage 2 cams,valvesprings and retainers,aftermarket ecu,intake,exhaust,decat,mani,port+polish,thinner headgasket will see very very good gains on a n/a......

im in the process of building a Big spec ek9:) do you want the spec as a guideline?

Phil

Super Moderator
emm yeah i think that a 1.6 vs a 1.3 with no specific limits to money spent the 1.6 will come out the winner. but on the other hand with money say limited to a thousand pound the 1.3t would possibly be the best bet.

this is only my opinion dont eat me (i personally dont like the "v word" noise it gets on my nerves)

StarbowBoi

Member +
b16 is the better engine all round as it bulletproof and will top out higher, but the mighty starlet gets off the line a hell of a lot quicker i know from personal experience with my mates b16 at crail a few months back. also his one goes off the clock at 145 and the revs keep going we reckon it will do 155 pushing it but it just doesnt die takes rapid abuse and well 8500rpm sounds amazing with the vtec

do you know your friends b16 setup? is it a b16a or b?