5e running TDO4L

T

tdo4starlet

i think what he means how much can he push out of the tdo4

scragley

Fresh Recruit
5etd04.jpg

Follow the pink line - the is my 5E setup with power at the wheels, not fly.

Red line is the same setup with a 4E engine.

T

tdo4starlet

i dont think so tdo4 i hear they max out at 270 bhp mybe wrong but on forged engines and stuff

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i dont think so tdo4 i hear they max out at 270 bhp mybe wrong but on forged engines and stuff

I was told the compressor map (not sure what it is only that it shows maximum capable power on a turbo) is 250ish

Someone explain compressor map please?

Last edited:
T

tdo4starlet

5e td04 at 0.95bar: 193WHP 240IBS torque at 0.95bar but this is on standerd internals on the 5e ....what about the forged 5e engine ??????????more power to push tdo4 too the max

Aidan-G

Member +
thats not a compressor map,thats just a dyno graph dan..

hp on the left
torque on the right
rpm on the bottom

GT-TD04

Supermoderator

hp on the left
torque on the right
rpm on the bottom

LOL, i know
I meant i cant try to prove anyone wrong when i dont understand the funementals of what a turbo is capable of even with the comprssor maps in my hands

Id wana be a bit of a retard to think that was a compressor map after being on here so long:haha::haha::haha:

Aidan-G

Member +
LOL, i know
I meant i cant try to prove anyone wrong when i dont understand the funementals of what a turbo is capable of even with the comprssor maps in my hands

Id wana be a bit of a retard to think that was a compressor map after being on here so long:haha::haha::haha:

ah rite:haha:i was thinking ther would be something wrong if you couldnt read the dyno graph

a compressor map would only give you an idea of what a turbo would be like on your car..

is that what you mean?choosing a turbo for your car by looking at a compressor map?

goldenvtr

Member +
where did i mention it was a compressor map :p was only adding my dyn graph as it relates to his question :)

my 5e is forged and i have no change to a vf28 turbo and going to run 1.3bar i deffinatly think a td04l can make 300bhp on a 5e. if not bhp then deffo ibft!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
ah rite:haha:i was thinking ther would be something wrong if you couldnt read the dyno graph

a compressor map would only give you an idea of what a turbo would be like on your car..

is that what you mean?choosing a turbo for your car by looking at a compressor map?
Was told the compressor map can show its maximum efficeny,based on a certain engine etc

See?.. i know Sweet fuck all:haha:

Aidan-G

Member +
where did i mention it was a compressor map :p was only adding my dyn graph as it relates to his question :)

my 5e is forged and i have no change to a vf28 turbo and going to run 1.3bar i deffinatly think a td04l can make 300bhp on a 5e. if not bhp then deffo ibft!

your keeping very quiet on the forums dan:phave you been spending more time on the hairdressers forums?:D

Phil

Super Moderator

hp on the left
torque on the right
rpm on the bottom

ROFL that would have been a class piss take, but you didnt mean it :( lol
someone maybe it was gtti(luke)? that i recall thrashing out just how to read comp maps. i'll find the thread at some stage and think of you guys! lol maybe it wasnt gtti.......... oh i'll have a look.

EDIT or did miller with the cossie post up some good info? im chasing this thread down lol

Phil

goldenvtr

Member +
your keeping very quiet on the forums dan:phave you been spending more time on the hairdressers forums?:D

lol ive had alot going on latly so been pretty quiet. havnt driven the GT scince september, but rest assued after i get back form le mans (as i want to go in the eunos) the GT will be out for rest of teh season ;)

Aidan-G

Member +
lol ive had alot going on latly so been pretty quiet. havnt driven the GT scince september, but rest assued after i get back form le mans (as i want to go in the eunos) the GT will be out for rest of teh season ;)

good job:)

we need more pics of your gt:cool: