Adding turbo

studoc72

Member +
Right guys so far ive got a new TMIC, de-cat, Mani, tongs gt spec hybrid and actuator but still no ECU as of yet as funds are a bit dry as im going to need to get the turbo seals done this month when i recieve it through. What i was wondering is the guy who is going to be doing the seals for me said its better for him if its on the car when he checks it so he can be sure its just the seals that he needs. What id be wondering is that if i have all these mods would i be able to run these on the standard ecu at say 0.6 bar without the need for and FCD? Or would this not work? I plan to get a Jam or Access ECU next month but wouldnt mind being able to get it on just now ready for the ECU and i dont really want to have to start chopping wires and getting it all set up for only a month.

AdamB

Member +
What turbo is it thats getting rebuilt? Might as well just get the whole thing built rather than just the seals, then you know its 100%.
Standard boost will be fine but try not to hit fuel cut.

studoc72

Member +
it will be fine at standard boost

Cheers mate

What turbo is it thats getting rebuilt? Might as well just get the whole thing built rather than just the seals, then you know its 100%.
Standard boost will be fine but try not to hit fuel cut.

The hybrid needs seals. Dont want to spend the whole cost of getting it rebuilt I only bought it because it was cheap so trying to keep it that way.

i would stay away from a fcd tbh

Dont worry mate hap no plans of running one thats why i asked if i could put them on without or id just wait till i got an ecu.