Afr's

akyakapotter

Member +
Ok so I've been having a play with my AFR's have a wide band and rrfpr so it's all good I can see what's going on my question is i cant get it anywhere near 10's on boost all I seem to be getting is some where in the 12's it's curently sent at about 3.5bar of pressure on the rrfpr cheers nick

Texx

Super Moderator
Which FCD are you using and what have you set it to?

What boost pressure are you trying to achieve?

Have you replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter?

If your using a resistive FCD such as the HKS, turn the setting up. You want it set as high as possible without hitting fuel cut, start at setting 11 and then work your way down until the ECU no longer cuts fuel.

If your still seeing AFR's in the 12's when on boost with a static fuel pressure of 3.5Bar, then the next step is to reduce your peak boost pressure until your seeing mid to low 11 AFR's on boost. Then you'll need to identify why your not getting enough fuel for the boost pressure your wanting to run.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, follow Texx's advice there mate.

I've had to set fuel pressure a little high in the past on various cars. It's not ideal but better to overfuel than to explode lol. Bring the boost down if you can't get the fuel up.

Aim for 11.5~11.8 on wide open throttle.

Jay

Jay

akyakapotter

Member +
Hey guys I have a jam FCC running 0.8 bar on td04 externally gated. I have a 255L fuel pump to put in I can't go any lower than 0.8 as that is what my wastegate spring is inside the gate. I've not changed the fuel filter since I've owned the car. Could turning the ajuster in the FCC work cheers for the help guys just don't wanna kill it before I get to td for emb. cheers nick

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
First thing to do is replace the fuel filter and fit the fuel pump, then check the on boost AFR's again.

akyakapotter

Member +
how hard is it to replace the fuel pump ? fuel filter will it be the same as the uk spec starlet as ill get one tomorrow if it is

akyakapotter

Member +
Changed my fuel filter today didn't make much different it may be my rrfpr it was a sard knock off I think where could I get a decent one and what one ?

George611

Member +
I agree with these guys, jus had mine on the dyno couple weeks ago, 0.85bar on td04, 255 pump, sard rrfpr and it sat at 13.9 off boost then dropped to just above 10 on boost almost blanking the sensor off lol oh and 2,5bar fuel pressure with vac hose on. id advise taking it down to a RR and get a tuner to have a butchers may need to adjust timing etc. to get it all nice and safe

akyakapotter

Member +
Tuners round Arnt the best to be fair I'm planning on going to td In a couple months 2.5 dam mines up at like 4.9 and still no where near I'll get that pump in ASAP

AdamB

Member +
If its still a stock pump in the car you'll probably find that when running a higher fuel pressure it won't be able to supply the demand of what is needed. As said get the pump in and go from there.

mark1991

Member +
@akyakapotter i ran mine the same way for 3 weeks. i got it checked by mark at cmb in his wideband. the car got driven hard for 3 weeks. now mapped and running fine

akyakapotter

Member +
Fitted the tuning devlopments fuel pump today and boom my afrs are spot on now. Think my standard pump was giving up on me I'm not suspriesd I ran 1bar daily through it on my ct9 set up. Ive also got an fse sytec rrfpr on its way to me for piece of mind as I don't trust my sard knock off. Cheers for the help all panic over car pulls a bit more now to :D