Aftermarket Throttlebody

NosydneW

Member +
A question for people with aftermarket bigger throttlebody.

one thing I know is that the tps must be customized to work with the bigger throttle body.

But what do you guys do with the thing under the oem thorttlebody with the water and vacuum lines. Can this thing just be left disconnected or must it be connected to water and vacuum pipes another way ?

Gaz maybe you can answer this !!

:beer:

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
Yeah dude what tb you get mate?, I blocked the water and vac lines up and had to play around with the tps quite abit to get it working as it should, have you got a different inlet or just welding an after Market tb onto tour original one??

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the vacuum lines can be arranged as u wish, as long as they remain in the same area, ie the ones before the tb & the ones after, stay in that order.. as for the water lines, it runs the tb heating sensor.. this is not necessary to run.. it will idle funny till the tb heats up, but thats about it..

kon

NosydneW

Member +
The one i got looks like the same as you got Gaz,....but much smaller i think.
So if I place the vacume lines in proper order and just bock off the water lines it should be fine after playing with the tps ?

Impreza_dan

Member +
waters for cold start and not needed, wont heat the throttle body up when the engine gets hot
The vac is needed though id say.
AS for an enlarged one, on forced induction u wont notice anything at all

NosydneW

Member +
I'm bringing this thread up again !!

I just routed the piping water lines to each other. SO they wont go to the larger TB anymore.
Piping just leave the thermosthat housing and goes straight to the water pump metal piping nipple.

As for the Powersteering vacume lines I am a bit confused.
One piping goes before the TB and one piping goes after the throttle body right ?

But where do I place them ? can I just weld a nipple on the ic piping just before the TB and use a Intake manifold port for the other?

weeJohn

Lifer
As for the Powersteering vacume lines I am a bit confused.
One piping goes before the TB and one piping goes after the throttle body right ?

But where do I place them ? can I just weld a nipple on the ic piping just before the TB and use a Intake manifold port for the other?

Yes