Americans are not stupid

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Hilarious, they really are dumb fucks. They must think theres no other country in the world apart from them. There alien to every country in the world.

Iain

1_3LStarseo

Member +
:holdit:

No, I'm just kidding.

You had too! Ha ha ha!

:haha:

Christ, what do you think it feels like living with these people?! We've got a composition book at work filled with every half-baked, redundant, and ill-composed question and comment by these people.

If you know of the talk show host Jay Leno and his segment "Jay Walking", you already know at least half of us realize that the other half are bunch of @#$%-ing morons.

By the way, did you hear that our nations newspapers are tanking because we can't bother to read them anymore?

And yeah, I was thinking hard, and wording my sentences extra carefully, lol.

gv1.3

Admin
Ive had some very interesting conversations with friends over here. In my experience the split is a little better than 50/50 with smart people in the majority. I dont think a lot of people fully realise the sheer scale of America.

The news here is either local news or national news... you rarely see anything international on the news so you cant blame people for not being too well informed when it comes to international matters. I think that in Europe we are actually much luckier than most countries as we get local, national and International news.

I guess its like when you hear reports that the vast majority of Americans dont have a passport or have never left their own country.. as Europeans this is crazy and makes them look closed minded and short sighted... in reality their country is so massive!!! they dont need to leave. You can drive from state to state and may as well be in a different country.

To put it in perspective.. I may be moving to Seattle soon and it will take me longer to fly from Florida to Seattle (all across land) then it does for me to fly from Florida to Dublin...

I know this thread was meant as a joke and I will be sending this vid on to my American friends :) but I think "Yanks" get a bit of a raw deal. They are such cool people and probably the most friendly and open I have come across anywhere. Sure there are weirdos and badly educated but you get that everywhere. The majority I have come across are sound. I have had loads of questions from people on here who are thinking of moving to the states or planning of visiting and I will be doing up a thread shortly which will outline my experiences and give a few tips on coming here for anyone that might want it.

glanzanut

Lifer
lol i mean name a country starting with u, and how many sides does a triangle have. thats primary school stuff. im pretty sure if i go down stairs just now and ask my dog the same questions he will prob give me the right answer. oh and while we are at it lets go invade france lmao:freddy:

gv1.3

Admin
thats is fucking hillarious!

Weather its their fault or not its still dam funnY!

agreed :) and good to see they can laugh at themselves too like 1_3LStarseo above :) very similar to Irish mentality in my opinion.

They cant be that stupid... they made the first affordable mass produced car and put people on the moon afterall ;)

1_3LStarseo

Member +
Ive had some very interesting conversations with friends over here. In my experience the split is a little better than 50/50 with smart people in the majority. I dont think a lot of people fully realise the sheer scale of America.

The news here is either local news or national news... you rarely see anything international on the news so you cant blame people for not being too well informed when it comes to international matters. I think that in Europe we are actually much luckier than most countries as we get local, national and International news.

I guess its like when you hear reports that the vast majority of Americans dont have a passport or have never left their own country.. as Europeans this is crazy and makes them look closed minded and short sighted... in reality their country is so massive!!! they dont need to leave. You can drive from state to state and may as well be in a different country.

To put it in perspective.. I may be moving to Seattle soon and it will take me longer to fly from Florida to Seattle (all across land) then it does for me to fly from Florida to Dublin...

I know this thread was meant as a joke and I will be sending this vid on to my American friends :) but I think "Yanks" get a bit of a raw deal. They are such cool people and probably the most friendly and open I have come across anywhere. Sure there are weirdos and badly educated but you get that everywhere. The majority I have come across are sound. I have had loads of questions from people on here who are thinking of moving to the states or planning of visiting and I will be doing up a thread shortly which will outline my experiences and give a few tips on coming here for anyone that might want it.

I completely agree, I've been driving up and down the East coast for several years now on trips for friends cars, or just for fun.

I say half in regards to the concentrations of the ignorant that stammer mindlessly into the place of my work. I actually enjoy most of the people I interact with on a daily basis--kindhearted and interesting describe most everybody I've ever met.

It's no excuse for a four-sided triangle though...