Another Weekend Of Detailing

Matchew

Member +
Well my detailing obsession is getting gradually worse i've detailed 3 cars this weekend mine...........again, my buddies which i havent got pics of and me dads VW.

With all 3 cars:
Snow Foamed
Rim Wash
Full Car Wash (with meguiars wash mits and gold class wash)
Dried (again megs watcher catcher and microfibres)
Clay Bar the whole car (already done mine)
Dodo Juice lime Primed (wax base coat)
Meguiars Liquid Carnauba Wax (already done mine)
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Hard (applied with dodo juice finger applicators)
Layer Of Detailing Spray To Finsh

SNV32988.jpg

SNV32992.jpg

SNV32994.jpg

SNV32995.jpg

SNV32996.jpg

SNV32997.jpg

SNV32998.jpg

SNV32999.jpg

SNV32991.jpg

Then of course it started to rain but i got an idea how the water sits on it, then i drove away and it just fell off.
So now the rain dodges it:D

SNV32934.jpg

SNV32935.jpg

SNV32936.jpg

SNV32937.jpg

SNV32938.jpg

SNV32939.jpg

SNV33007.jpg

And a couple of me dads car which was full of swirls seems to been sponge washed all its life and some proper rough patches but come out awesome
SNV33009.jpg

SNV33010.jpg

SNV33011.jpg

SNV33012.jpg

SNV33013.jpg

SNV33014.jpg

SNV33015.jpg

SNV33016.jpg

Last edited:

TURBO2010

Member +
love it mate!! :) just woundering mate whats the best things to use to was the car with as like u said the sponge leaves swirls(witch i hate:mad:) and whats the best way to get rid of the swirls? a good buff?:)

Matchew

Member +
love it mate!! :) just woundering mate whats the best things to use to was the car with as like u said the sponge leaves swirls(witch i hate:mad:) and whats the best way to get rid of the swirls? a good buff?:)

Do the what i do mate wash it, dry etc

Use good quality wash mits i use meguiars microfibre mits there about £11 each

Clay bar the car and a liquid wax as a base coat then use a good quality hard wax like dodo juice got rid of all the swirls out of all the cars i've done

TURBO2010

Member +
Do the what i do mate wash it, dry etc

Use good quality wash mits i use meguiars microfibre mits there about £11 each

Clay bar the car and a liquid wax as a base coat then use a good quality hard wax like dodo juice got rid of all the swirls out of all the cars i've done

sweet will do mate! now must just wait till the stupid rain clears up!!!:haha:

Matchew

Member +
wax doesnt get rid of swirls :confused:

Well from doing the above its got rid of swirls on the cars I have done and the above pics show that do they not?

My mates subaru was extremly rough and his is like glass now and no swirls need to get some piccys off him

durmz

Member +
do you do it by hand or you use a polisher? one of them things that spins lol, i ask because im lazy lol and want one

AdDaMan

Member +
defo doesnt get rid of swirls mate...im sure there still there you have merely dimmed them. Get a halogen lamp up against the paint and you will see them.

However for a hand wash and wax they look amazing mate.

I have some mega products that im waiting for some sunshine to use! never get it at the right time here :( my even get my DA out too :)

Matchew

Member +
do you do it by hand or you use a polisher? one of them things that spins lol, i ask because im lazy lol and want one

Na by hand fella,

defo doesnt get rid of swirls mate...im sure there still there you have merely dimmed them. Get a halogen lamp up against the paint and you will see them.

However for a hand wash and wax they look amazing mate.

I have some mega products that im waiting for some sunshine to use! never get it at the right time here :( my even get my DA out too :)

I've spent alot of time on mine and went to the petrol station late last night and there wasnt any swirls left and checked with the valeters halogen lamps at work (Bmw) and they've all gone:)

good effort, got the bug myself with the 9 :D

doing my mates fiesta st soon aswell

Yeah ive done a few cars just to help people out

welshowz

Member +
wasnt denying there wasnt any swirls left cars look good dont get me wrong. just saying wax doesnt get rid of swirls.looking at the product list though you've used lime prime which has a small cutting properties explains the swirl removal.

Marty!

Member +
try and get some before and after's.... then we can see what sorta guy ya do lol oj
golf looks really well

Matchew

Member +
I've just spent another 8.5 hours on it I wasn't happy with it so I cut. It back by hand and started again and its sooooo much smoother I'll put some pics up in abit I'm bloody knackered