Anti roll bar droplinks?

dac69er

Super Moderator
After about 15 years, I am finally getting round to fitting the trd arb I bought!

As I have a mk1, it has the oldskool droplinks and the trd arb uses the newer balljoint type.

Looking at the length of the originals compared to the ones IDworkz sell, the IDworkz ones seem alot shorter.

Has anyone purchased any of the of the IDworkz droplinks to confirm they fit ok?

I have had a guestimation measure up and I think they should be fine, but would like confirmation.

I have found some mk3 mr2 droplinks which I think should do the job fine, but they look a little too long if anything, but it is very hard to tell.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Jay

Admin
Yeah the older ones were a straight link with loads of bushes and washers involved. Yaris shared the same bits I think. The later type is an L-shape which reduced the bushes and washers by half.

Part number 48820-10010 is what you need but as you already know, they are slightly different to other models. Haven't used the IDworkz ones but they are no doubt off another model (looks too short for mk3 MR2 but could be wrong).

I picked up some polybushed version from ICP a few years back but I can't find the details. They were cheaper than even the pattern ones for some reason. If I can find any details I'll update.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Yeah the older ones were a straight link with loads of bushes and washers involved. Yaris shared the same bits I think. The later type is an L-shape which reduced the bushes and washers by half.

Part number 48820-10010 is what you need but as you already know, they are slightly different to other models. Haven't used the IDworkz ones but they are no doubt off another model (looks too short for mk3 MR2 but could be wrong).

I picked up some polybushed version from ICP a few years back but I can't find the details. They were cheaper than even the pattern ones for some reason. If I can find any details I'll update.
If you could find details, that would be great.

I think the ones I need are slightly shorter than mk3 mr2 ones, but longer than the IDworkz ones. I fell either would work, but if too far out in either direction I could get knocking issues.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I found some that look very similar to the IDworkz droplinks for half the price, so I have bought 1 to see if it any good.
Can either buy another or try a longer one if needed.

Fingers crossed..........

Reactions: Jay

dac69er

Super Moderator
Well the £7.50 link seems like it will do the trick so I have ordered another. Will update with more info once fully installed and tested in case I get any issues. Less than half the price of IDworkz ;)

Reactions: Jay