Any experience with S3's?

Gee

Member +
IMG_5341_1280.jpg

Discuss :)

Phil

Super Moderator
they are sOOOOOOO fast your passengers tongue will stick to the window if you go round a corner at speed.

as per the above pic.

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
on a more serious note.

the cornering grip is so immense you will need two hands and your teeth to turn the wheel

Phil

Gee

Member +
HA.

I think Dan on here had one?

Don't seem to have that much power in stock form..220hp I believe and must weigh a good amount?

Seems there are some easy power gains with Revo remaps though and bolt on parts.

They are not permanent AWD either? Only when the ECU or whatever notices slip from the fronts?

Phil

Super Moderator
yes a friend has one, though he doesnt do trackdays or the like, but even he complains that it feels nose heavy very far from your typical rallybred 4wd system.

Phil

GP82

Member +
The 1800 20v has alot of potential! We did a conversion on my mate's 9N polo with the BAM engine with supporting mods + custom code, i think phase 2 remap. The K04 turbo made 280hp with torque to match. Nothing on the streets could hold upto 120! Now it's runnin' a GT3076 setup making jus' under 500hp.

ALaN

Member +
meerkat exhausts in ayrshire are building a 550bhp 1 for a lad which should be good but i've been in a standard 1 and it wasn't very impressive but 300bhp is quite easily reached and then the fun begins.as for the 4wd its the same haldex system from the r32 and tt which is constant plus you can get haldex controllers to change the split (60;40 standard)

Darius

Lifer
my mate was running one with 382hp but there just a nightmare to work on, engine out for stuff and that crap

dantheman

Member +
comfy car, yes

boring car, ooooooooooh yes :haha:

lovely car to drive but not fun at all. i sold my old s3 to a mate, he had it revo remmaped to 275bhp with filter/miltek cat back. my completly stock dc2 at the time was faster, straight line by a couple of car lengths and obviously around the twistys too... not to mention they go through air flow meters and other sensors like theres no tommorow (typical audi) and they are too heavy.. but they are comfy cruising cars!! lol

you selling the tec already??? you relised that turbo is where its at havent ya :p

stew

Member +
Burnt an unsuspecting young businessman-looking type up at the lights who was driving an S3. I assume it was standard as i was running 0.7 and only had a decat, after market manifold and exhaust at the time. They are nice looking cars though, a lot like the MK4 golfs.

Mike D EP82

Member +
they are nice but big wheels are a must, same with the golf equivelant. if you want to lower it you need big wheels as if you leave the stock alloys on the sump becomes a target. i know of 2 people i know 1 with the golf an 1 with the a3 smashing theres. :( i done a headgasket, thermostat and water pump on one. one word - PENIS then i got sent to hospital as a hose jumped off and hot coolant went in my eyes burning the skin over it. agony!!! wind in the eyes was my friend that day, then a swift trip to the hospital

i agree though nice to drive but a boring drive. in a way i felt too safe. in my eyes in order to have proper fun the car must have no safety features. give or take an airbag or 2. traction control, yaw control, esp etc etc basically what is driving the car. if some of this goes down then big changes wil be noticed.

seriously though they look cool. just dont paint it orange :p

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
they are nice but big wheels are a must, same with the golf equivelant. if you want to lower it you need big wheels as if you leave the stock alloys on the sump becomes a target. i know of 2 people i know 1 with the golf an 1 with the a3 smashing theres. :( i done a headgasket, thermostat and water pump on one. one word - PENIS then i got sent to hospital as a hose jumped off and hot coolant went in my eyes burning the skin over it. agony!!! wind in the eyes was my friend that day, then a swift trip to the hospital

i agree though nice to drive but a boring drive. in a way i felt too safe. in my eyes in order to have proper fun the car must have no safety features. give or take an airbag or 2. traction control, yaw control, esp etc etc basically what is driving the car. if some of this goes down then big changes wil be noticed.

seriously though they look cool. just dont paint it orange :p

i see this happen out the front of a buliding site, theyd put a huge half inch thick metal sheet over a hole, corner of it lipping up just slightly, audi s3 comes round the corner and no word of a lie ripped of the sump haha

Mike D EP82

Member +
i see this happen out the front of a buliding site, theyd put a huge half inch thick metal sheet over a hole, corner of it lipping up just slightly, audi s3 comes round the corner and no word of a lie ripped of the sump haha

its not pretty oil everywhere and pieces of sump mixed in :p

theu look better on bigger rims anyway. has anyone seen them on stock bentley 20" rims? more common on golfs though

Gee

Member +
comfy car, yes

boring car, ooooooooooh yes :haha:

lovely car to drive but not fun at all. i sold my old s3 to a mate, he had it revo remmaped to 275bhp with filter/miltek cat back. my completly stock dc2 at the time was faster, straight line by a couple of car lengths and obviously around the twistys too... not to mention they go through air flow meters and other sensors like theres no tommorow (typical audi) and they are too heavy.. but they are comfy cruising cars!! lol

you selling the tec already??? you relised that turbo is where its at havent ya :p

Nah mate,

Just the Mrs putting thoughts in my head about getting a 'normal' car. EK9 is staying, just bought her a car at auction today so she can stop complaining now :D