Anyone driven down to South West France?

Quick Nick

Member +
Hi Guys,

I am planning a brand new trip at the moment and wanted to open up to the forum any ideas you guys may have.

Going to the Nurburgring too much and so developing a new trip in conjunction with skiddmark.com to run for their community, and if it works it will become a permanent fixture.

At the moment I am looking at following the French Western Coastline down to the Pau Street track, over to Biarritz in Spain, and potentially along the southern french border to Monaco for a party night.

All in all we are looking at 4 nights away, and if anyone has any cool ideas if you have been there before, I am going for reccy mid-May so will be looking at hotels along the French Western coastline, restaurants, clubs in Monaco and beaches and restaurants in Biarritz.

The reason we are doing this trip is that it is very different and has a glamorous vibe about it, which for the magazine's readership base is ideal. If it works in terms of the route and track day I will look to organise a budget version as well.

Let me know how you guys think this sounds, and if you have visited these areas and have insight then feel free to share before I set off!

N

Gryzor

Admin
we've done the west coast a couple of times,

The last time we travelled down from Roscoff via Bordeaux and a load of small villages to Biscarrosse.

The thing to remember in France is the pub culture is none existance outside large towns, places completely close down at about 10 :(

Would getting the ferry to Santander from Plymouth be an option ?

Paddy

Lifer
i drove my glanza to tolouse before, was fully loaded and didnt hold back on way there or back and it didnt miss a beat, performed very well with no problems. i stopped a couple times on way down but not for long but on way back did the journey non stop, minus fuel stops. was very very pleased with it. the only thing u have to watch out for is the tolls, we were surprised how expencive they were and speed cameras seem to come out of no where. french roads are lovely, but have to say paris is a absolute shit hole, was really dissapointing

Last edited:

Quick Nick

Member +
We are looking at 4 nights, maybe 5 nights in total for this trip. Ideally we could have a week to chill however people are hesitant to take too much time off work and we can just about cram everything into 4-5 days.

Can anyone recommend any hotels along the French coastline there?