Anyone else facing this prob?

Petrolhead

Member +
Was doing the calculating of the total damage my ep91 project would do to my wallet and started counting everything i wanted.
When i was 3/4 of what i want to have/do with my car i allready needed a budget of 17.000£.
This kinda made me laugh, cuz it was unpleasantly ironic and i realised i had to cut back on a lot of items cuz, well honestly, my budget ain't that big :)

Might be a useless thread but i do think i'm not the only one around here having a similar cold shower sometimes.

anyway, new mission is "priority-selecting" or sumthing :p

John757

Member +
£1700 or £17000 ? I could justify the £1700 but £17000 would be a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a Starlet lol Like you say, its best to get the things with higher priority, mainly safety, first. My list doesn't even add up past £500 :p but im easy to please lol

richglanzav

Member +
i spent bout a grand already on my glanza since april and next month its gna destroy me lol...forged engine rebuilt by mr.burwash will cost a few grand in total (having said that he seems the cheapest around lol)...and sachas hybrid td04 kit will cost bout 1400quid, and gta fix the rattling sound too,torsion bar bushes nakkerd, but motormania assure me they only cost peanuts :D

total amount spent as of next month will be bout 5-6grand.

mcleod

Member +
mines cost a fortune upto now and im going all out now so its gonna be even more as i want a roll cage, forged engine, custom hybrid turbo (something different), a diff set of wheels with semi slicks on, a pair of diff wheels with full slicks on, etc etc the list goes on but id be here all day.

mcleod

Member +
if ya want to get a new clutch for an evo, skyline, supra etc its gonna cost the best part of a grand whereas for the starlet bout 500 does the trick

munday

Member +
It may be much less expensive than tuning evos and subarus, but you can buy and build a metro (sorry to go on about them but its a great example) for £1500 that will run a flat 14 sec 1/4 (proof on youtube, and also a nice vid of a low cost metro beating a subaru WRX at the pod) :)

D3N0

Member +
i tend not to think about the money i spend on my starlet. at the end of the day you live once, and i really love my glanza and neva will sell it. got paid £2019 after tax this month, and ive only use £500 so the rest goes on the car.

Evil Genius

Member +
Never ever think back at what you've spend on your car. I unfortunately did it last week :( And found out it I spend near 9000 euro's after buying it for 3000 euro's. And I've just started modding the engine. So it will set me back another few euro's.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Lol, I have spent the best part of 10,000 euro on the car since i bought it. that and the 10,000 euro i bought it for 3 years ago

Petrolhead

Member +
£1700 or £17000 ? I could justify the £1700 but £17000 would be a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a Starlet lol Like you say, its best to get the things with higher priority, mainly safety, first. My list doesn't even add up past £500 :p but im easy to please lol

Yeah it was 17k quid tho, starts with forged engine, 300 bhp turbo kit, allmost every handling mod you can buy, bucket seats, new cruise bonnet, tein suspensions, roll cage.. goes on like this for a while. I'm just a little kid when it comes to what i want for my starlet, wich is, like what every little kid wants.. everything :)

yet half of my dreaming balloon got popped because i did not win any lottery yet ;)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Yup ive been there done it although not quite at the £17,000 mark yet, my receipts show £16,000 in total from when i took ownership and approx £9000-£10,000 in last year. Alot of money but well worth it in the end.

Iain

Jay

Admin
I daren't count it up. I've kept all the receipts though. Maybe some day when I'm feeling brave..

cameroon95

Member +
Fuck me, i wouldnt spend 17k on my car ever. I mean i love it to bits dont get me wrong, just I would rather spend a smaller amount and go travelling etc

*starlet_babe*

Member +
i tend not to think about the money i spend on my starlet. at the end of the day you live once, and i really love my glanza and neva will sell it. got paid £2019 after tax this month, and ive only use £500 so the rest goes on the car.

Me thinking you need to share some of that :p

Sharagath

Member +
i don't even count it all together, i will get a hugh breakdown if i do.
i only calculate the different things i do, al toghether it will end up around 20k euro's i think, maybe even more.