Anyone ever used anything like Sard Cat?

fec

Member +
Just wondering if anyone has used anything like the Sard cat in their cars instead off OE one or none at all?

Just need to look into getting one to pass the NCT and the OE one wont fit onto the downpipe anymore since changed the turbo and manifold..

By looking at the pictures on the Sard website it looks like it has to be mounted underneath the car,could be wrong though

Gilly2006

Member +
do you own a GT/Glanza? just wonderin because it doesn't say in your profile, anyway,
VOSA don't have the emissions regulations for the gt/glanza because they are imports and both share the same engine.
anyway even if you did take the cat off a gt/glanza, you wouldn't fail the emissions test.
i havn't heard of anyone using the sard cats btw.
what turbo you running btw?

monka

Member +
na, because the catorgory the emissions fall into it would have to be impossibly hi to fail.

my mot'r said mine was sposed to be in the group with emissions below 0.30, and i was constantly getting 0.34 so he wouldnt pass it.

i told him to get the book out, and after a bit of reading, imports can fall in to the group below - 3.0. which is bloody hi.

my mates mk1 clio had a valve out and it passed emissions

fec

Member +
do you own a GT/Glanza? just wonderin because it doesn't say in your profile, anyway,
VOSA don't have the emissions regulations for the gt/glanza because they are imports and both share the same engine.
anyway even if you did take the cat off a gt/glanza, you wouldn't fail the emissions test.
i havn't heard of anyone using the sard cats btw.
what turbo you running btw?

Tried to get it throuth the NCT 2 years ago without the cat but no joy..Was eventually able get second hand cat and it got through alright.

But since then have swapped standard turbo setup for Blitz K330.

Its Glanza but I think their the same as the Gt's anyway

Gilly2006

Member +
it depends where you go to have your mot done, on my old GT, i gutted the cat and then just sent it in for its mot and it passed. both gt and glanza share the same engines so the emissions should be the same. depending how you have modified the car.

Idrees

Banned
it depends where you go to have your mot done, on my old GT, i gutted the cat and then just sent it in for its mot and it passed. both gt and glanza share the same engines so the emissions should be the same. depending how you have modified the car.
Emissions can also depend on the year of your vehicle... ;)

Gilly2006

Member +
yeh im aware of that. but why would a GT with the same redge a british car pass its mot without a cat, and a glanza thats R redge fail its mot thats got the same engine in as the GT. i like to know how the big power glanza's go on with there mots.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
NCT is Ireland lads, MOT is england. Irish regulations are differant, you have to do an idle and a high idle test i think, as for the cat i think you'll have to move the Lambda scencor down to just befour the cat for it to be effective otherwise it'll still fail the Emissions.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
gillys getting a bit confused i think, mots dont work on wat engine the car has.

it has set limits for the differnet year of vehicle, but i guess theres some sort of loophole that lets grey imports fall into a different catagory.

Timmy

Member +
I have a weds sports cat on my rex and i get 0.28% on emmsions and i'm allowed up to 3.5%. So they work well.

gv1.3

Admin
as Frankie said above, he is not getting an MOT he is getting an NCT.

I suggest you speak to Alex (Aga). I remember him telling me the Greek police were cracking down on straight through exhausts etc and I think he had to get a CAT welded in half way through his exhaust.

They are rated differently, some are more restrictive some less so.