anyone using a toms tecs plug and play on a ep82

dac69er

Super Moderator
most likely an ignition issue. check the normal things like leads, plugs, distributor cap and rotor arm. also worth double checking all your ground connections and that the coil/ignitor bracket is bolted securely to the bulkhead.

Cathal EP82

Fresh Recruit
Yea i could prob do wit a new cap and rotor arm the car never done dis on the last ecu.... wot injectors would b best suited for 1 bar to 1.1 bar with a hybrid ct9 and is der any need for a uprated fuel pump and ignition timing checked at 10 deg over tdc

H_D

Member +
Stock injectors are fine, if you go for bigger ones they will make it run too rich,
an uprated fuel pump would be beneficial.

timing should be set at 10 deg

Cathal EP82

Fresh Recruit
Yea my timing checks fine wot would b the best set up with support mods be with the hybrid ct9 and toms plug and play... are u using the same ecu by any chance if u are how long does it take the ecu to adjust itself

5e colin

Member +
if its the 1 with the red sticker ( big ) then open her up and adjust the feuling ( check with ur wideband ) !!!! tecs are adjustable inside like the pfc fcon !!!!

Cathal EP82

Fresh Recruit
When i first bought the ecu i was told to use bigger injectors because i was turning the boost up so i went and got myself a set of 315s. The 315 injectors are still in the car do u think it would b a good idea to use the stock injectors or would it make difference

Jay

Admin
Never played with a TOMS version but ive seen injectors cause over fuelling with both the Blitz and the JAM Racing ones. Usually these ECU's are set with stock injectors in mind although depending on the engine requirements its possible to upgrade them to cope with larger turbos and fuelling demands.

A fuelling run with a wideband gauge would tell you for sure if the 315's are needed or just causing an issue.

Cathal EP82

Fresh Recruit
Changed back to stock injectors in work this morning but im only finished work now n i havnt had a chance to go for a run wit it yet... does roughly how these ecu,s take to setup.

Ted

Member +
Hope you're running super unleaded with that ecu- probably the injectors tho as jay said.

Cathal EP82

Fresh Recruit
No i dnt think they were the problem i changed back to stock injectors n the car still drove the but over the day the spluttering got abit worse i took my car home and parked it up for the night the next morning it wouldn start n wen it did i noticed the warmer the engine got da worse it was running i measured a few sensor with my meter n turns out it was a coolent temp sensor wire maken shitty contact at the ecu