ar wont start unless i unplug map sensr? help

goldenvtr

Member +
hey its been ages scince i really used this forum but im a bit stuck.

Im trying to get my GT back on the road, just got it all back to how it was last time i used it put emanage ultimate back in ect, all jumpers and map loaded ( as it was last drive)

but now it wont start unless i unplug the map sensor (which only starts the car for a few seconds before dying)

i get spark and fuel with it pluged in but it jsut wont come alive.

any help appreciated :)

just too add aswell i had a simalar issue last time and it was down to TPS settings, so if anyone knows the manual TPS settins for the ultimate please provide - i have them at min 0 and max 5v at the mo?

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the manual settings for the emu should be

reverse.. top cell at 0.0v
bottom cell 0.20v approx.. make sure u dont have over 57% throttle or she wont start mate.

ps u also have a msg from me on FB bud

kon

goldenvtr

Member +
ive tried 3 lol, also ive removed thr emanage and get the same problem now so its NOT emanage related... one of the green wires is gettin voltage and the other green and brown are getting nothing... this is from the connector

also ive managed to to ge tthe car to run properly now without the map sensor pluged in ( with some fiddling on the emanage) but as soon as you hit the throttle it dies, also dies if plugging the map sensor back in.

edit - ive got 4.95 volts going into mapsensor, and 2.63 coming out (on idle).

why is the ecu cutting the car off when it see's voltage form the map sensor

Last edited:

Nickzorz

Member +
I know its silly and its more for my own curiosity than your benefit but have you checked your fuel rail to make sure it isnt blocked. When my old proton had problems very similar to yours it turned out to be a blockage in my fuel rail.

Might not have anything to do with your problem but as i expirienced it with similar symptoms thought it might help you.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
you got an a/f guage mate? maybe you can see if its flooding it with fuel or cutting out fuel.

goldenvtr

Member +
I know its silly and its more for my own curiosity than your benefit but have you checked your fuel rail to make sure it isnt blocked. When my old proton had problems very similar to yours it turned out to be a blockage in my fuel rail.

Might not have anything to do with your problem but as i expirienced it with similar symptoms thought it might help you.

Had the car running for. Over ten mins without the sonsor plugged. In now so not that dude. Does idle controls valve. Have any major. Input on engine running? I've unplugged that. Too but still no good

goldenvtr

Member +
you got an a/f guage mate? maybe you can see if its flooding it with fuel or cutting out fuel.

I have but still on the madza at the moment. It seems more like its cutting fuel or ignition rather than flooding it

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
dan... ur voltages on the map sensor are off mate... sounds like a fautly earth to me on the map sensor.. the gt has 2 main earthing blocks.. one is found near the battery (looks like 4 brown wires hooked onto the side of ur mudguard).. as for the other earthing block its found on the intake plenum... same 4 brown wires connected in bulk. check them out maybe ur not getting a strong enough earth..

if not connect an earth directly to the map sensor... the colour of the wire on the map is either brown or white/black .. those are the colours toyota uses for earth...

hope this helps
kon

goldenvtr

Member +
Earthing would make sence! Ill give the brown wire a direct earth and see what happens.
what should be the approximate voltage coming out of the map sensor?

goldenvtr

Member +
any luck with this Dan ? my emanage is doing something similar.

unfortunately not mate, whats yours doing exactly?. ive eliminated the emanage too its deffinatly a stock ecu or wiring fault somewhere, i rtied a direct earth to teh map sensor still not change.

also ive tried running various voltages and it seems that as soon as the ecu sees ANY voltage from the map sensor the car cuts out instantly - no hesitation it just dies.

any more ideas anyone? i dont seem to have any other faults or ecu codes ect.

is there anyway to remove the stock mapsensor on the EMU?

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
At least you sorted yours out dude. Mine is the e version of the emanage so don't need aditinal adaptors etc.

Bump for my problem :(

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
common guys :( ive checked ALL the earthing wires on teh car now and run septate earths from the field extension harness so make sure everything is earth fine...

any-more stabs in the dark?