auto box

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
alrite all iam planning to start my build on my 1997 glanza v. the only down side is its an auto ive been told the autos are alot slower than the manuals and if i try put any more power through the box it would blow this is one of my first jap cars and am still learning any help would be great full thanks all

Idrees

Banned
It's not a lot slower dude, they are the same power as the manuals. They can even be quicker off the line I'm told.

Kelly is running 190hp through her Auto box and I've never heard any problems from her.

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
thats around the mark i would like to get too 190-200bhp would be a dream what would i need for that sort of power and would that be ok on stock internals

Idrees

Banned
That's fine on stock internals if your engine is in good nick. The stock turbo at 1 bar of boost could achieve that, thats what Kelly is running. Of course you would need supporting mods, do a search on it.

boostup

Member +
thats around the mark i would like to get too 190-200bhp would be a dream what would i need for that sort of power and would that be ok on stock internals

that should be good for stock internals as long as the car is set up propaly fueling etc

thomllee1981

Member +
if you want to start modding your auto buddy the best piece of advice you should be recieving is you will get lots of boost creep problems!
The best cure is to do what kelly has done and get an external wastegate manifold as it provides more stable boost than a a internal wastegate does

Kelly

Member +
Hi :)

Your not far from me from the looks of your location if you wanna have a nosey at my auto let me know!

She is currently pushing out 180bhp & 185ft lb torque at 0.90bar on the ct9 so lots of room for improvement. But as mentioned above the second i started modifying the auto she suffered very badly with boost creep. I.E i was running 8psi because on the auto gear change she would spike to 12 psi (just below the fuel cut) i only solved this (ish) buy getting a new manifold set up which allows for an external wastegate (off WickedEP) Now my boost is 0.90bar but stil creeps every so slightly to around 0.95ish on the gear change. It is a downside of the auto but unlike manuals you are always on boost :D

She goes very well ;) and its always nice to wipe the smirk off ppl's faces who give you crap about the auto :p

GTdan

In The Closet
autos rock - much respect for autos - there awesome off the line - ive witnessed this first hand - they go like stink!!