Auto Tune w/ EMB

bongskag

Member +
not too sure about auto tune , Emanagetools is pretty much essential for tuning the Emanage Blue by yourself tho , as explained in them fourms ..
Ive got the Emanage tools software and an EMB , and an Innovate wideband.
EDIT: (others are available , you will need one with a 0-5v wideband signal output for it to work with the EmanageTools software

we can wire the 0-5v wide-band output into the spare MAF input 2 on the EMB ( starlets don't use MAF ) then this wide-band signal is picked up in EmanageTools and can be logged with other-data, ( rpm, boost , throttle % ) otherwise you would have to record your data separately , and then somehow match it up ? not too sure as its not worth worrying about we have Emanagetools to log it all ;)
If you want to map your timing , I suggest det cans ,otherwise you won't hear it ! , knock gauges can be expensive. I can hear det occurring well before most dyno tuners would consider a safe level. oh and people get jealous if your tuning your own car :) they will try and advise against it .. Rofl,

omikron

Member +
not too sure about auto tune , Emanagetools is pretty much essential for tuning the Emanage Blue by yourself tho , as explained in them fourms ..
Ive got the Emanage tools software and an EMB , and an Innovate wideband.
EDIT: (others are available , you will need one with a 0-5v wideband signal output for it to work with the EmanageTools software

we can wire the 0-5v wide-band output into the spare MAF input 2 on the EMB ( starlets don't use MAF ) then this wide-band signal is picked up in EmanageTools and can be logged with other-data, ( rpm, boost , throttle % ) otherwise you would have to record your data separately , and then somehow match it up ? not too sure as its not worth worrying about we have Emanagetools to log it all ;)
If you want to map your timing , I suggest det cans ,otherwise you won't hear it ! , knock gauges can be expensive. I can hear det occurring well before most dyno tuners would consider a safe level. oh and people get jealous if your tuning your own car :) they will try and advise against it .. Rofl,

was just abt to post and ask this question as i have the emb loom in hand and was wondering if i could integrate my innovate with it.

bongskag

Member +
yes , you can .. join the 0-5v feed from your wideband , into the yellow maf 2 input on the EMB ..

then download E-manage tools. <--- not the greddy support tool , its another program .. it allows you to log the wideband output. you logs will come out in csv format which is for Excel. just select all data and draw a line chart / graph , and it will look just like a dyno chart but using RPM , Boost , ARF , insead of power / rpm,

just always remember to observe knock levels etc.. ;)

omikron

Member +
yes , you can .. join the 0-5v feed from your wideband , into the yellow maf 2 input on the EMB ..

then download E-manage tools. <--- not the greddy support tool , its another program .. it allows you to log the wideband output. you logs will come out in csv format which is for Excel. just select all data and draw a line chart / graph , and it will look just like a dyno chart but using RPM , Boost , ARF , insead of power / rpm,

just always remember to observe knock levels etc.. ;)

how do i do this?

edit: is this the emanage tools to which u refer hgere

Last edited:

ramses974

Member +
but emanage blue can now dalalog AFR ....without emanage tools...this is a few times that the emanage can do that