automatic box

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
alrite guys iam thinking ov modd'n my glanza.ive been told that an automatic box would take around 200bhp is this true or is the guy chattin bubbles?

Kelly

Member +
Its still uncertain ground user YBY had around 200bhp with his auto and the box blew, but he also messed around with the oil lines and kick down switch so he doesnt know what exactly of those factors was the cause.

Im currently pushing 180bhp and 185 ft lb torque with the auto, it's handled it so far and seems ok but it does concern me about upping my setup/power anymore.

yeah yby was the only person i know who realy tested it....and he did admit it only broke due to his experiments:)

the other car i know of ran it on T3 i think...and reported that the a/t transmission was changing up while the turbo was still spooling (killing accelaration)---he quickly converted to manual transmission----he believed that the turbo was too big for a/t ........that's his opinion anyway

Jay

Admin
My autobox died yesterday. (RIP big fella)

It wasn't the power (154bhp) that killed it by the looks of it, looks like it developed an ATF leak over the last few months.

Might be an idea to remind all autobox owners to check their sump bolts are tight - I lost one and the rest were loose. Mentioned it to one of the techs in work and he said VW Touareg autoboxes suffer the same thing. Must be a mix of heat and vibration that loosens them.

Jay