AVCR Issues?

Rory

Lifer
Folks,

Long story short, the AVCR was setup on the dyno and working great for a couple of months.
Done my last track day and started to notice the boost pressure fluctuating a bit. (Start of November) Thought nothing of it.
Pulled the car out to give it a spin today and the boost pressure was not playing as it should.
1.5bar was boosting around 0.9bar and fluctuating, yet it runs fine on spring pressure of 0.7 on the wastegate.

Nothing has been touched or changed scince it was last out.
Did notice the duty was *** but ive never seen that before? Usually reads 20%?
Will have to get another look at it asap as ive another trackday next month :)

Any ideas?
(its late at night, so if i have missed something out just ask! :haha: )

Rory

Ted

Member +
thas odd. if you only have a 0.7 bar spring your duty would be way up at 70 or 80 per cent to get it up to 1.5 bar. should only go about 40 per cent above your spring pressure for stable boost. i have a 1.1 bar spring and need 30 per cent on the avcr for 1.45 bar mate.

doesnt explain how it was working right before for you

duty at ### doest sound good, get the instructions out

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
***% is displayed when the AVC-R has self learned the solenoid duty cycle for RPM based boost control.

Rory

Lifer
Hmm? Ive never changed anything on it? Will have a quick play tomorow morning when i get home. Still doesnt explain the fluctuation :(

thas odd. if you only have a 0.7 bar spring your duty would be way up at 70 or 80 per cent to get it up to 1.5 bar. should only go about 40 per cent above your spring pressure for stable boost. i have a 1.1 bar spring and need 30 per cent on the avcr for 1.45 bar mate.

doesnt explain how it was working right before for you

duty at ### doest sound good, get the instructions out

Ill give this a go tomorow morning aswell :)

Solenoid might need some lube happened mine after lying up.

As above, but if all else fails ill be in touch for a shot at least :)

x2 strip the solenoid, a strip and a grease might bring it back, if all fails i have a spare solenoid fella.

Why would it be doing this? The battery has never been off, nor has it had a jump start or anything? Weird car! :haha:

***% is displayed when the AVC-R has self learned the solenoid duty cycle for RPM based boost control.

Has me puzzled anyway, might phone Russ in the morning and see what he says about it. He's the one that set it up etc etc.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
If its showing 20% thats the lowest the setting can go if i remember correctly? Your duty might have been reset somehow mate, mine is in the 70's.

TO82

Member +
The Duty will show *** if the duty is not the same for the entire rev range and you can set this yourself for different RPM Points , has anyone actually got the Lear gear setup on a 4efte as i couldnt get mine too work and was under the impresion that the TPS on our manual cars doesnt read 100% on the avcr and that the avcr needs to see the 100% throttle to begin to adjust the duty over the rev range?

Rory

Lifer
Well i never got round to looking at it this morning, was knackered

Fek knows how its down at 20% but ill have a look at it before the weekend and see whats what :)

It could be something small like the small boost vaccuum hose has slipped off/lose at the back of the unit where it reads your boost.

I'm not familiar with the avcr but my blitz unit has this and when it came loose boost was lost because this vac hose was not secured.

It is now cable tied tight to ensure it doesnt happen again. At the time we even thought the tial ewg was knackered.

Hope this helps.

Joz

Rory

Lifer
All hoses are tied on but will have to check them all for leaks yet. Cheers for the heads up though :)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
The duty would remain the same as previous even if there was a boost leak of some sort, if its so long it explains why your not getting 1.5bar anymore.