Blitz Access ecu

Whats your thoughts on this ecu?
what sort of info do you know about it?
Whats mapped for?
what features does it includes and its a self learning to some extent like JAM etc?

Im trying to make some research about the the pre-mapped ecus available for EP91 and in need of such info, so thanks in advanve lads :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
does pretty much the same as all the other pre programmed ecus.

they are not universally mapped for anything. you need to find out what its been mapped for. generally they are mapped for a ct9/hybrid ct9 setup.

ALaN

Member +
I run a blitz access and I've went from a standard car to now running 201bhp on a ct9b with it and I'm about to fit a hybrid.
I've had zero problems with it and I also was in touch with blitz japan about them a few weeks ago, what they told me is that it does all the things we know about like remove fuel cut, speed limiter, rev limit, up the injector duty cycle etc.
Then it gets complicated, these ecus are not mapped for specific set ups, they work off the stock Toyota map, advancing timing for quicker spool and throttle responce and use a calculation called fuzzy logic to fuel the engine by measuring the air going into the cylinders and adjusting the fueling to suit.
Sadly it works within the same tolerances to toyotas map though so will always run rather rich.

ALaN

Member +
No worries mate, I've also heard of people running plug n play ecus along side things like emu or safc (rory to mention 1 and his car ain't exactly slow) this just provides that bit of adjustment needed to get the extra ponies.

ALaN

Member +
Yep that's it mate I quite like the way mine drives on the road with the power curve I get but on WOT I've seen my wideband read 10.9 but then it trims it back to around 12.9

dac69er

Super Moderator
Yep that's it mate I quite like the way mine drives on the road with the power curve I get but on WOT I've seen my wideband read 10.9 but then it trims it back to around 12.9

12.9 on wot? thats a bit lean isnt it?

when i got my car mapped with the power fc my wot afr's were mid to low 10's :eek:

ALaN

Member +
Yeah just the blitz on it's own.i would definently recommend it.
The only down side is the price, I paid 450 for mine.

ragz

Member +
had few of those plug n play ecus

yeah the blitz one does tend to run rich

jam one was pretty good loved popping flames when u dint expect it

but for me the mines ecu was the daddy had a really aggressive map even off boost the car drove better

dac69er

Super Moderator
wow....i would hazard to say that is overly rich

can i ask u why did the tuner do it that way on WOT?....is there any reason(s)?

the tuner wasnt the best and seemed to map in on the stupidly safe side. ignition timing wasnt hardly touched either and it wasnt aggressive by any means.

been mapping it myself as that wasnt exactly £400 well spent :(