Brakes - what you think?

turbo-roj

Member +
I was looking for a big improvement on my current brakes (which are rubbish and warped etc) and stumbled across these on e-bay, e-mailed the user and they told me that the discs would either be TMD Friction or EBC depending on stock.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300366844194&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Pricewise they seem ok dont they?

i'd be looking at using them for fast street and very occasional track day.

Let me know, am struggling to find any decent discs/pads for the starlet without haing to purchase 4 pots

Also - people with brake cylinder stoppers - are they worth it?

D

daz7505

they look like they will stop you well.
my ep82 still on stndard all round and i find my wheels lock up a litle too easy some times.

turbo-roj

Member +
cheers bud, i wonder at times if mine would ever lock up lol, wish they would!! i think il go for them, rep added

turbo-roj

Member +
well im using halfrauds 5.1 (assumed that all 5.1 is made to same standards) and noticed a big difference with that, was thinking about braided lines but couldnt see they would be a big improvement?

glanzanut

Lifer
jus bought the same disks off ebay front and rear but with yellow stuff pads. stop really really well bud:freddy:

Paul-GlzV

Member +
well im using halfrauds 5.1 (assumed that all 5.1 is made to same standards) and noticed a big difference with that, was thinking about braided lines but couldnt see they would be a big improvement?

i found a good diff i'm using HEL lines that ECC do and an all round better pedal feel. ur probly rite on the fluid i wudn't be too clued up an that sorta thing tho :p

steo800

Member +
I was looking for a big improvement on my current brakes (which are rubbish and warped etc) and stumbled across these on e-bay, e-mailed the user and they told me that the discs would either be TMD Friction or EBC depending on stock.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300366844194&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Pricewise they seem ok dont they?

i'd be looking at using them for fast street and very occasional track day.

Let me know, am struggling to find any decent discs/pads for the starlet without haing to purchase 4 pots

Also - people with brake cylinder stoppers - are they worth it?

i wouldnt call them a big improvement, but they are an improvement over standard.

with 200hp, 3g grooved discs, green stuff pads and high boiling point fluid, i found after a few laps the brakes were at their limit.

if you dont mind do a couple of laps almost flat, then a cool of lap then go for them, but if you wanna do lap after lap without worrying about brakes then go bigger.

brake cylinder stoppers i think are well worth it. they arnt overly expensive(depending on brand) and they give a much better feel to the brakes when braing hard

Last edited:

Dan507

Member +
i wouldnt call them a big improvement, but they are an improvement over standard.

with 200hp, 3g grooved discs, green stuff pads and high boiling point fluid, i found after a few laps the brakes were at their limit.

if you dont mind do a couple of laps almost flat, then a cool of lap then go for them, but if you wanna do lap after lap without worrying about brakes then go bigger.

brake cylinder stoppers i think are well worth it. they arnt overly expensive(depending on brand) and they give a much better feel to the brakes when braing hard

2x

Idrees has some cusco style ones forsale, only £55 http://id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=14