bushing quality - a dissapointment

Aga

Member +
hello guys. i wanna express my dissapointment in a product i bought from you and it's obviously your own production, the front anti roll bar drop links. i installed them into my ep82, and not even 6 months have passed, and the rubber bushings are cut and split . For something like that to happen to toyota bushings, 20 years have to pass. i just want to express my dissapointment, and warn other buyers...

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
so tm-developments are still trading then?

I would take it up with the guys first personally, sound lads, and any other products I have got of them have been top quality.

Im sure they will offer some good assistance

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure the roll bar droplinks are not produced by or on behalf of TMD. I'll agree they don't appear to be made to OE standards, but then they also don't carry the price tag of OE droplinks.

Are these the same droplinks that you are referring to?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m19b0s1310p51902/_TOYOTA_STARLET_TURBO_%28EP82_EP91%29_-_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING_SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Front_Droplink_Kit_-_Toyota_Starlet_01_1992_on_EP82_and_ALL_EP91

IIRC the last time I priced genuine OE droplinks and bushes from Toyota, the total price was nearly 6 times the price of the ones above.

Aga

Member +
no they are not the same, the ones i have are rounded on the back of the "head"...anyway low price is not an excuse in my opinion... besides, i believe the price is normal. just because toyota prices are crazy, doesnt mean that everything offered in normal prices should be of shitty quality... an Aisin water pump bought from toyota is 100 euros, an Aisin pump bought in a store is 60 euros. Same product. i don't mean to say i was expecting the same quality, but when something falls apart so fast, it means that the manufacturer, and the seller don't give a shit about what the customers think in 6 months or a year.

Texx

Super Moderator
no they are not the same

In that case I can't comment on the droplinks you have, the links I received from TMD are the same as the ones in the above Camskill link.

AFAIK there's been no activity from TMD since Dave passed away (RIP) and I have no idea if or when TMD will carry on.