camskill- no longer selling parts :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
just found this out :(

was a bit shocked, they reckon they will come back bigger and better, but im not so sure myself.

they have been a go to place for starlet parts for as long as i can remember. they always had a good range of bits, aftermarket and genuine toyota parts. service was exceptional too.

the way i see it, another blow for the starlet community :( :( :(

Jay

Admin
Noticed that a fair few months ago, definitely a shock. I've found that the same parts are usually a bit cheaper from my local motor factors though. Its just the bother of having to go get them!

dac69er

Super Moderator
Noticed that a fair few months ago, definitely a shock. I've found that the same parts are usually a bit cheaper from my local motor factors though. Its just the bother of having to go get them!

i dunno. i have always found them really good on price compared to locally. guess it depends where you live.

i think they stopped selling parts in september last year, so has been a while. they were always handy for finding out part numbers etc too.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
They are based 10 mins down the road from me, they've been going downhill for a long time. A good while back i would just turn up and mike would let me in the store room to get anything i needed as it was always in stock then i would go to the till and he would do me a deal on anything i bought knocking a little off even cheap parts. He would have a bit of a crack about Dave B and Toby, starlets and his old charade gtti ect (obviously going back a few years now).

The past year ive tried to get bits and bobs, and nothing is in stock any more so i couldnt just call in for parts like i used to. I ordered things and would have to wait and some time they just couldnt get parts for my gt4 which i could get from tcb next day. Its a shame but some good guys worked there and they left. They even stopped fitting tyres as i always went there for tyres. It wasnt the quickest service but they just did it right.

dac69er

Super Moderator
always the way. good places end up having to compete. people leave, stock is dead money so they dont stock anything. before you know it, they have gone under.

a big shame, but everyone wants the cheapest and with the internet its too easy to find the cheapest place.

davehart

Member +
I noticed this a few months ago but just thought they might be having a website refresh.

Its a shame as its one fewer place to get bits from.

GP82

Member +
Alot of the parts I have bought have been from camskill. Always spot on and of high quality and they always helped me with supplying parts that they do not list on their site. It is sad and shocking to see them go.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
They didnt move with the times, the web site was a bit out dated and they never moved into other bigger markets like honda stuff, or mx5 ect. The guy who ran it wasnt interested and i think thats why the good guys left. Ive had all sorts from there. A mate of mine worked there and he would source me anything whether it was on the site or not and the prices were excellent, same with semi slicks i got them dirt cheap.

always the way. good places end up having to compete. people leave, stock is dead money so they dont stock anything. before you know it, they have gone under.

a big shame, but everyone wants the cheapest and with the internet its too easy to find the cheapest place.