Can anyone reccomend a good

Digital SLR camera? Around the £300 mark maybe? If can get a good branded one for cheaper all the better. Ive checked a few websites.

CHeers.

Monkfish

Member +
Wrong section. ;)

I have a Nikon D70 which I paid £480 for (Including new 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses and a 1GB card) a few years back. Shop about, you can get some bargains going second hand so long as it's been looked after.

http://dpreview.com/

This site is an absolute bookmark must if you're in the market for some gear. :)

Jay

Admin
A Nikon D40 has been doing my dirty work for a few long years now. No probs, great results and easy to use. :cool:

gv1.3

Admin
Ive the Nikon D60 and love it, but if I knew then what I know now I would go for the D40 and get another nice lens :)

gv1.3

Admin
got mine from circuitcity in the states but you could probably pick up a very cheap one second hand on ebay.

Jay

Admin
Call me old fashioned but I dandered into a local Currys store and bought the one I felt most satisfied with. Was in and around the £300 mark if I remember correctly.

gv1.3

Admin
Call me old fashioned

You?? never!

old-movie-camera.jpg

Anyone using the Sony Alpha 200.. I see this and the Nikon D40 at roughly the same prices although the D40 is 6MP compared to teh 10mp the Sony offers. Also lot of other differences but what you reccomend??

Jay

Admin
Can't really offer a comparison Jules but given I've owned my D40 for over two years and it's been flawless I'd know what I'd spend my cash on.

No-one have any experience with the Sony? (Just out of interest)

Well I have a few days yet as applied for one of these interest free credit cards for 9 months so get some good feedback. Weird one is that both them cameras, from Argos, are cheaper than what they are on say eBay/Amazon etc which is weird.

Jay

Admin
Search for my posts in the meets and photo forums mate, 99% of the pics are from my D40. It isn't worldclass but it has it's moments.