Cant find thread on how to wire fog light into sidelights.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
I wouldnt wire them to you side lights, how will you turn them off so you dont blind on coming traffic? unless your going to put them onto a switch? In which case I would do it correctly and use a relay and fuse.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
wire up similar to this, but instead of going to highbeam track it to ur sidelights. If u didnt want a switch just splice into your side lights and use that as a trigger

fogs_zpse3149e3f.jpg

cheers

kenchyturbo

Member +
Sori for butting in on someone's Fred but I've done this where do we get a red bulb as there capless on the ep82 gt thanks

Danza V :D

Member +
I already have the fog light wired in and hsve a switch but it's wired to a horrible box under the bumper but I can't get the cover off as the screws are knackered! Sk I just thought I'd wire it into the back lights could I just take the wire going tj the box and simply wire it into the wire of the sight light? Basically cut and solder it in??

kenchyturbo

Member +
I've just done what you said but into one of my reverse lights just cut the wires cap them of so they can be used again works fine but just need to find a wedge bulb capless that is red or led if anyone knows where to get them thanks

Member +
Right I've wired it into the green wire on the bottom bulb holder but the switch is working but it won't turn off with the lights on. Basically it's constantly on.. I'm shite at electrics lol!

Gryzor

Admin
Right I've wired it into the green wire on the bottom bulb holder but the switch is working but it won't turn off with the lights on. Basically it's constantly on.. I'm shite at electrics lol!

"By soldering in an extra wire you can make use of the bulb as a fog light(s).

thread the wire back to the driver foot well..connecting both lights to the same wire.."

kenchyturbo

Member +
I've just cut the wires of completely goin from the reverse light and taken the wires that was on the fog light and wired them up to the bulb holder its worked for me then should turn of with the switch is the green just a ground sounds like a permanent live is still connected could be wrong

Member +
Ive done the above and wired it into the bulb. I keep blowing a fuse and the fuse im blowing is the cigeratte and radio fuse. Now the previous owner has wired the boost gauge or got a live from the radio for the gauge and everytime i switch the on for the rear fog it blows... ive tried a 20 fuse and a 30 .. do i need a larger fuse cause theres so many componants running off of it ?

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
feck me this thread is confusing when you interperate ''FOG LIGHTS'' differently LOL.

Fog lights and side lights to me signals somewhere upfront of the car.......?? Theres pics of rear lights etc LOL!! POMS!!! ha ha ha