Can't Seem To Get This Sorted Out!!!

somal

Member +
Hey fellas, am having a problem with my idling and idling with the AC on

i have changed my intake and throttle body and the issue i am having is that the car would idle high around 1100-1200rpm with the ac off and when u switch the ac on the revs drop to about a 1000 or a little below, i have tried to adjust the idle screw with the AC off to try and get the rpm down but with the idle screw wound all the way down it doesn't do anything at all engine still idles the same.

corofin12345

Member +
did you try the white idle screw.. think its an idle screw for the ac.. not 100% sure on that tho

Image324-1.jpg

Last edited:

somal

Member +
yep have tried that and that helps alittle when the AC in on but when the ac is off that white screw cant do anything...thats the one by the AC solenoid valves

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
sounds like you have a problem with the way u have connected the vacum pipes. also is the throttle position sensor connected propperly?

kon

somal

Member +
sounds like you have a problem with the way u have connected the vacum pipes. also is the throttle position sensor connected propperly?

kon

yes its connected but i'm not 100% sure if its correct, how its operating atm its like the reverse, idle drop when ac on and goes up when ac off also why doesnt the idle drop with i completely wind the idle screw all the way down ??

weeJohn

Lifer
It will do that if the throttle position switch is not set right and it doesnt know the throttle is closed so it should adjust the idle control valve.

I would check the tps setting, there is a tutorial in the awfully helpful section.

somal

Member +
It will do that if the throttle position switch is not set right and it doesnt know the throttle is closed so it should adjust the idle control valve.

I would check the tps setting, there is a tutorial in the awfully helpful section.

i will do that tomorrow definetly it may be possible.