Car broken into - advice needed

rb69

Member +
Hi, had some thieving bastard smash the passenger side front window on my Glanza last night. Taken the stereo and some cd's. What would be the best way to go about fixing the window, should I tr to source a new one, ring a window company or get insurance involved? I don't really want to make a claim if I its going to put the premium up.

dac69er

Super Moderator
they are easy to change mate. see if you can find someone breaking an ep91, either a glanza or an n/a car and just get the window.

its a case of taking the door card off inside, undoing 2 bolts, removing the window seal and then taking the window out.

Fizturbo

Member +
Twats! :mad:
Dont go through insurance,try to find a second hand window and get it fitted by a local garage or try yourself.

Last edited:

rb69

Member +
That's good to know. No I think I will avoid going down the insurance route. I take it Autoglass or Autoscreens would be expensive?

Fizturbo

Member +
Get a quote of them an a quote of local garage to fit,or let me knw when uv found a window i could meet you roun tonge moor area and guide to a local garage for fitting :)

rb69

Member +
Thank you that is kind of you! I don't live around that area anymore, still close though. I will ring them up and see how much they quote. Cheers mate

HK GT Turbo

Member +
If fitting urself make sure u Hoover all the glass bits from inside the door otherwise will rattle. Use a screw driver and run in along seal where the window would go too as glass bits would b stuck there and prevent new window from running smoothly. It's not a hard job and I'm sure u can YouTube changing a window on a car for a rough guide.

rb69

Member +
Thanks for all the help and tips guys I really appreciate it. With the Glanza having electric windows, and a lot of standard ukdm EP91's having wind up windows, will the attachments be any different? Such as where it bolts on?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
the only thing I can think off that makes the glanza windows different from UK spec starlets is that glanzas have UV protected windows, that often have a slightly darker tint AFAIK

Fizturbo

Member +
No wrrys mate,will need screw drivers an 10m socket etc,if am free ile giv you a hand js let me know when,or local garage near me will charge aroun £20.

rb69

Member +
Yeah its like a slight green tint. No problem, the passenger will just get a slightly better tan than me from now on I guess.

rb69

Member +
Thanks Fiz, found a breakers in Rochdale that have a Starlet Solida in for breaking. They only want £25 for the glass so I will nip down and get that once I've cleaned the inside of the Glanza out

rb69

Member +
Not going yet anyway mate. I need to nip up to my Mums so I can hoover it which is back up Tonge Moor way. The forensic people haven't turned up yet so I'm still waiting round for them.

Fizturbo

Member +
Found a glass for you at local scraper £25 an if you want it fittin asap aswel then £15 on top but mention my name an they will sort sum deal out,also saves you fuel money goin out of town,scraper open til aroun 5pm.

rb69

Member +
Fiz you're a legend mate. I went down to the breakers and he fitted it for £40 all in. Massive thank you!