Car Impounded

Big_Daddy

Member +
I own a Civic VTI-S, Earlier today, i decided to take it out as it been parked forabit. Ive done the 1 day insurance with nowich union.

Earlier this evening i got pulled over by the T5 :holdit: Forsome reason it wasnt coming up on they database. :mad::confused::argue:
So the seized car of me and issued me producer. I can prove i had valid insurance for that day when i produce it at the station.

BUT how am suppose to get the car out? I cant afford to insure it at the moment till the end of the month. They charging me £150 + £20 a day storage chareg:eek:

What options do i have to take it out? E.g can i ask a trader (friend), or my cuz who covered 3rd party on it.

Cheers Rep added

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Surely if you can prove you had the insurance they won't charge you?! This is why I always take my certificate/policy number etc if I have 1 day insurance.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Surely if you can prove you had the insurance they won't charge you?! This is why I always take my certificate/policy number etc if I have 1 day insurance.

The office was cocky plus he screwing that the tyre low as well WTF! It like due to suspension setup. Thing with norwich day insurance it take around 12 hours for it update in MID. I should have printed and took it with me :(

Starlet_Sam

That may be but now it's gone it's gone. I would go down there, prove had insurance all the time and demand the release of the car free of charge. What do you mean the tyre was low?!

Stulet-GTT

Member +
That really suck's mate...

Do you know anyone with a trailer or a car transporter that could pic it up for you????

Hope ya get it sorted with out to much hassel...

Big_Daddy

Member +
That may be but now it's gone it's gone. I would go down there, prove had insurance all the time and demand the release of the car free of charge. What do you mean the tyre was low?!

They said they wont release the car witha 1day insurance policy? Thats what theh officer said!:shoot:

He said the tyre was low on air (I had all tyre pressure checked few days ago).

Starlet_Sam

They said they wont release the car witha 1day insurance policy? Thats what theh officer said!:shoot:

He said the tyre was low on air (I had all tyre pressure checked few days ago).

Well without a measurement he can't say it's low on air pressure so that is toss. Secondly, insurance is insurance. The car should never have been impounded. I would have made him ring the company there and then, why didn't you?

Big_Daddy

Member +
Well without a measurement he can't say it's low on air pressure so that is toss. Secondly, insurance is insurance. The car should never have been impounded. I would have made him ring the company there and then, why didn't you?

He goes under section, blah blah, you should have your polcy certif with you.

Starlet_Sam

Noone does though. Should have asked to see his policy for the T5. They can't stop you giving proof of insurance.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Noone does though. Should have asked to see his policy for the T5. They can't stop you giving proof of insurance.

He was being ass. Will this work, my cuz goes he is covered to drive 3rd party with the owners permission. Will policy allow me to take it out of the compund

Starlet_Sam

That 3rd party on any car is usually 3rd party on any fully comp car. Basically you have to have insurance on that car in order for someone else to drive it.

gv1.3

Admin
Sorry to hear this Big_Lad surely they cant charge you fees if you go back to them with proof of insurance?

Did they just pull you over randomly or were you doing something naughty?

Big_Daddy

Member +
Sorry to hear this Big_Lad surely they cant charge you fees if you go back to them with proof of insurance?

Did they just pull you over randomly or were you doing something naughty?

Be honest, My car has a loud exhaust and i was the only person on that dual carraige way, he was parked on a leigh by. He just doin stop checks

Starlet_Sam

Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Sounds like they had a camera on board that flagged you up as having no insurance.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Sounds like they had a camera on board that flagged you up as having no insurance.

Could be, but they were near the bushes, they pulled out after i passed them and th lights come further down.

Allot of street racing happen during the weekend so more cops are around

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
happend to me in my old glanza, they checked up and it wasnt on there data base. they took my car away have to pay over 100 pounds to get it out,
its all a con,i showed them the insurance document then they came out with some bull shit u gotta fill out forms ect, didnt bother in the end, thats why when i get insurance out on a car i wait intill the insurance document has came. the insurance comany said to me it can take upto a 48 hours to get onto the data base.
hope i get it sorted

Last edited:

GTnomez

Member +
marveh are bastards...the fuckin soor. they pull me for no reason at all especially in brum with their fancy automatic recognition plates thingy majig

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Can't see how they can charge u for storage when they wrongfully impounded your car.

If in doubt give them the pic of the 7 legged spider as payment.