Car park bump

nistarbo

Member +
Wondering what you all would do upon witnessing a car hit another car.
The car that got hit had no one in it.
Would you live and let live and stay out of it. Or approach the driver etc.

Will give details after a few replies just wondering what others would do.

weeJohn

Lifer
Had it happen to me, parked my car and returned to it damaged. A witness approached me and gave me the car reg, I reported it to the police explaining all I wanted was my car repaired.
The feds sorted it out, once they contacted the driver, they admitted it and gave a lame excuse for driving off. I got my car fixed and nothing happened to them.

If I seen it I would report it to the person whose car has been hit, let them take whatever action they felt was right.

nistarbo

Member +
Similar circumstances then. I witnessed it and the girl and passenger got out, looked at the damage and got back in and drove away. Really frustrated me thinking if it was my car I would hope someone would have the decency to tell me. I left a note on the wing mirror so they couldn't miss it. Just said I seen a car reverse into theirs with my number if they want the details.
So I guess it's in their hands now. If they want to take it further they can ring me

weeJohn

Lifer
I think you did the right thing, thats what I would have done.

Its also very possible the person who hit the car reported it to the police themselves, as they should have.

davehart

Member +
I'd get the details, or even take a picture of the culprits at the time because if that was my car I'd be well fucked off.

Jay

Admin
I'd run over and pretend it was my car they hit, then fall to the ground screaming whiplash, calling police, ambulances, injurylawyers4U, generally create merry hell until the real owner turns up then...

dont_care_lol_bye_dolphin.gif

The world needs more honest people!

nistarbo

Member +
I did get a pic and they seen me do it so hopefully they did go straight to the police.
Good idea jay must remember if I ever see 1 again. Good gif lol