Celica st165 twinpots upgrade ... prius discs ?

gtadvmike

Member +
After plenty of research threw tgtt, uksc and google I decided to purchase a set of 165 twin pots as they were cheaper and suit my needs perfectly. So I purchased of trusty old ebay £28 for them inc. postage :rockon: They arrived and the research continued....

Now I know people have used the celica disc and drilled the 4 stud holes to make them fit and other people have even had some disc (eg - astra) machined to fit! But I have also seen on TGTT that others have managed to find the Prius disc fits and has a few more easily available uprated discs (grooved, drilled etc etc)

My question is this what size of spacer is needed to be made to make the prius discs sit central in calliper ??

Also, are these the ones I want to go for ..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prius-1-5-16v-NHW11-00-04-Grooved-Front-Brake-Discs-/160399589441?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25588f8041#ht_1566wt_852

And I will make a guide once I got all the parts and a decent day to fit them :cool:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i went through all the options and the safest option was the astra disc. you can get loads of different types as the astra is a popular car and you dont have to use any spacers so you dont loose any length on the studs or the central spigot on the hub.

they need some minimal machining, but due them being pretty cheap anyway the cost of the machine work is offset.

dac69er

Super Moderator
use some initiative man!!!!

astra g sri 4 stud discs. can get them for less than £50 if you want to get a set to play with first.