Chassis number HELP!

wildchild

Member +
Guys i bought a standard ep82 GT (conversion) and there seems to be a problem in the MAP sensor.
I need a MAP sensor with the number 89661-10040 (MA5450)
Since i couldnt find a used one i want to order a new one from the toyota dealer and for that i need the VIN or chassis number of an original GT which originally came with the ECU number 89661-10040.
Need the Model No. from the manufacturer's tag too.
Can anybody help please?

(Will b repp'ed)

dac69er

Super Moderator
part number for a map sensor for your car is: 89420-10020

you have a mk1 ecu. car info as follows: 12/1989 TOYOTA STARLET (EP82-AGMQY)

if your toyota dealer cant work it out from that then he needs a new job!

expect to pay in excess of $400 usd !!!!!

wildchild

Member +
shouldnt the number on the MAP match with the number on the ECU? Are you sure the 10020 will work fine without throwing a CEL?
btw i need the full chassis number to order parts. they can issue / order items from jap only if its available for that particular model. other than that they are clueless coz they donot know which part will match with which unless i order the correct item for the correct VIN.
Here it costs around $260.00 only for a brand new MAP. used ones go between $25.00 to $60.00 and at the moment i cannot seem to find any used ones off any 2nd hand parts store as ppl have started converting N/A cars to turbo and the MAP is the hardest thing to find...

dac69er

Super Moderator
It is fine mate. Same ecu and map sensor setup I have on my gt and it matches with toyodiy.

A toyota dealer can just order the part from the part number, it doesn't matter what car it is for. I have never had to give my chassis number and always got the part I have wanted.

People won't be wanting to give out their vin number on a public forum

weeJohn

Lifer
You can run a 10020 map sensor on a 10040 ecu according to Toyodiy part numbers, if you give your dealer the part number they should be able to order it as thats what they use. Here is a chassis number from a scraped 1990 manual GT- EP82 0077951, which uses the 10020 map sensor like all Gt`s up to 04/94, after that they became the 10050 up to 12/95.

The part number you listed above (89661-10040) is for an ECU, not a map sensor.