Clio sport 182

dac69er

Super Moderator
was thinking of getting one as my dads a car dealer and got a mint 54 plate black one in px what do you think of them?

they are french. handle well, go well but dont feel massively fast for some reason. trim tends to be a bit cheap and fall off like most french cars.

dac69er

Super Moderator
What are they like in a straight line compared with a standard EP82?

figures make it out to be the same. when my near stock gt is on the road i can let you know what its like against a 182 in a straight line!

Phil

Super Moderator
pretty sure it(stock gt) would get trounced by a 182 or 172 in a straightline and more so in the corners.

Phil

cole

Member +
very good cars they hande well look nice and go well

all round good car only downside is its french

and yes they chew starlets in standard form

Rory

Lifer
very good cars they hande well look nice and go well

all round good car only downside is its french

and yes they chew starlets in standard form

Couldnt have put it better.
Have to remember they weigh a lot more than usaul, with all the safety gubbings.

But apart from that, they go quite well.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
great little cars, my mate had a 172 cup and i loved it, handling was superb and while it ain't super super quick in a straight line it has lots of response, i'd have one, no prob.

dan

Member +
yeah they are faster than a standard GT, i came up against one in mine a few years back.

Ive heard they handle pretty well too as above.

cole

Member +
Couldnt have put it better.
Have to remember they weigh a lot more than usaul, with all the safety gubbings.

But apart from that, they go quite well.

i remember going up moterway slip road with 1 behind me when mine was standard i expected to " leave him "

but he was much faster lol :(

cameroon95

Member +
Yeah i hate the fact that they are faster, them and corsa vxrs make me sad.

I corsa as fast as my glanza:(

Makes me wanna spend all my cash on mods:cool:

cole

Member +
Yeah i hate the fact that they are faster, them and corsa vxrs make me sad.

I corsa as fast as my glanza:(

Makes me wanna spend all my cash on mods:cool:

do it !

we cant let the corsas win !

its like every chav in england with his 1.0 shitbox with his ripspeed back box will be going corsas leave them starlets

do it for tgtt !

lol !

sx_turbo

Lifer
my next door neighbour has got one.

then nice cars, they seem to have "magic" suspension, where it's nice and comfy to drive, but has very little body roll, and they do handle very very well.

they dont seem quick as they dont give the punch of a turbo, but when u look at the speedo they actually get there pretty fast lol.

unfortunately the downsides are, is that the engine isnt the strongest thing, and dont really like taking lots and lots of abuse, they do burn oil (just like a vtec)

they have vvt in them but it doesnt give much of an extra kick like a honda vtec.

when accelerating hard, they also sound a bit tinny.

personally i wouldnt want one, but thats my own personal taste.

the gt/glanza certainly isnt a better car, but for me it is more fun to drive.

Gee

Member +
French so build quality is not great, but they are cheaper than other comparable cars like the Civic Type R.

Good handeling and nippy.

A few have suffered from electrical problems were they will literally just burst in to flames on your drive! Used to have a Clio and was a member on the forums, a few had this problem.

Faster than a Starlet at 1 bar on a CT9.

davehart

Member +
What are they like in a straight line compared with a standard EP82?

182 is quicker even tho a stock GT aint slow.

I'd get a 172 to be fair as there is no real difference between the 172 and 182 once your behind the wheel.

Cheaper and I'm not keen on the twin pipe's at the back.

joseph81

Member +
think its obvious that it would be faster tha a stock GT or Glanza but with some mods it would be a different story :)