clocked / rotated ct9 turbo

dark_knight

Member +
i know this is likely to be a repost, so i need you help lads to find any old(er) links of the process members on here with clocked/rotated turbos used. i'm particularly after the stock ct9 clocked. i already know i will proli have to fabricate my actuator bracket afresh. thinking of clocking so that i can shorten my fmic route. is it worth the trouble to save about a foot of extra pipe and a soft bend..?

GP82

Member +
It easy to rotate the turbo, you just undo the clip on the chra next to the turbine housing and turn it in the direction you want it to face, but to do away from fabricating the actuator bracket you can also think of getting a shorter custom turbo outlet pipe made with a shorter route.

dark_knight

Member +
clip & rotate

@GP82: thanks. i got the part on how to unclip and rotate but my worry is in the actuator bracket mods. i was reading on Ben89s' work where he used the stock turbo hot/up-pipe and just cut and welded it back in the form he wanted. sounds/looks doable, just a little worried about the actuator bracket either being in the way or not being rigid enough to securely hold the actuator..

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Actuator mounting bracket purchased from a member on here. Then just clocked the turbo and cut up some pipes from the 2 feet of FMIC piping i had left over and chucked in a few joiners and bobs your uncle.

IMGP0128.jpg

dark_knight

Member +
no parts

@Blak_Mamber: looks mint. lucky for you that your tgtt community is ripe in your locale. over here, very few people with starbos and so parts, especially performance bits are not so easy to come by.. i'll have to be very creative in my bracket mods..

dark_knight

Member +
post theft

i know posting is possible, just that the problem starts when the packages hit our border. more often that not, stuff is frisked though but some unscrupulous cargo handlers and anything that looks expensive disappears.. :(