gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

we have seen a surge in the amount of bad sales including:

-Huge delays in shipping items
-Items being paid for and not being sent at all
-Items sold and not arriving in the condition they were advertised as
-Items arriving but not working as they should

These buyers/sellers invariably arrive at the door of staff looking for assistance and we just do not have the time to deal with the amount of these cases being reported.

At this stage we have two options:

1)People start acting like they should and sorting out issues
2)We close the classifieds section

No body will benefit from the second option as all of the items we have on sale on the site are needed by members....

So... can we hear the voice of our members speaking out against bad selling please... maybe this might wake up the sellers who are not doing as they should.

PS: the name and shame brigade can keep their mouths closed... when it gets to the point of people being named we have most likely already been involved for weeks... this is unworkable we need people to be more responsible with their sales.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
or maybe anyone who wants to sell something has to put it on ebay and put links in the clasified section?

so if anything goes wrong there is always paypal and ebay not you mods!

just my 2p so we can have the clasified section up without any problems. (hopefully)

sheldon

59bhp

Member +
^^^ thats not a bad idea,

personally ive never had an issue with members off this site, i think if you only buy off of reputable memebers then i cant see there being a problem. Has there been a particular incident that has spawned this?

Dingle

Member +
250 posts before you sell!
means Ur on here a while and are prob genuine

I think thats a good idea aswell, ive brought and sold on here and never had a problem my side. And if i have caused any issues id do my upmost to resolve them as i hate ripoff merchants

Trevor

Member +
Sales

There seems to be a lot of new members signing up and posting 50 posts of waffle just to get a sales thread going.Smythy's idea might help prevent this.

gv1.3

Admin
Ban their arses :shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

we have done in the past!

Personally I like the idea of upping the post count... and maybe the length of time you have been a member... perhaps increase this to 3 months.

GTdan

In The Closet
ive personally not had any problems as a buyer - and im presuming none as a seller as ive not had any buyers contact me re disuputing it.

But as some people have pointed out, either increasing post count, or must be a member for x amoutn WITH Y amount of posts to post.

Or maybe just paid members can sell items??

KrissyB

Member +
ive personally not had any problems as a buyer - and im presuming none as a seller as ive not had any buyers contact me re disuputing it.

But as some people have pointed out, either increasing post count, or must be a member for x amoutn WITH Y amount of posts to post.

Or maybe just paid members can sell items??

Agweeedddddd x2 :teach:

Aidan-G

Member +
luckily i havent had any bad dealings!but i feel for anyone who has:mad:

upping the post count to 250 would be good,but then to be a member for atleast 3 months...imagine the shit that would be posted in 3 months...i say make it 4/5months

AzE_B

Member +
250 isnt really alot i say you sould have to be a well known member with i good amount rep

Last edited: