clutch or gearbox??

Paul-GlzV

Member +
rite i think it's my box but starting to wonder is it the clutch :confused: so i'll giv a breif run down of the cars behaviour an see what you all think.

at idle:

reverse is a no go i hav to turn car off then select reverse to save the embaresment

1st can sometime be a rite cunt to get in sometimes but not always

on road:

down shifting from 4>3 or 3>2 it grinds lik a bitch not always 4>3 this is rare but 3>2 is really bad :eek:

i'm stuck now do i get gearbox rebuilt for £££'s an it ends up bein a clutch issue or a new clutch an it's the box?

just to add i'm using an orc ogura 309 an overhaul kit is around £350 inc del from RHD. box will probly cost similar to rebuild, it's alot of money i don't hav atm that's why i wannabe sure?

thanx in advance for any info

paul

Paul-GlzV

Member +
pedal is stupid low soon as it lifts of the floor it's engaged only thing is pump a few times be4 down shift an it'll still grind all the same??

Paul-GlzV

Member +
fao. dave is it the cable runnin threw bulkhead to pedal or the 1 that adjusts pedal position it relation to other pedals?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
all idle probs now seem to be gone :p will get a run out at lunch time see how i get on, on road. will keep all posted on outcome.

rep to follow :freddy:

Paul-GlzV

Member +
cars is now perfect :freddy: almost :haha: only prob that still remains is a slight notch down shiftin from 3>2 which i suppect is shychro mesh prob. reverse is perfect not a single peep outta it as all other gears. bite point is now up high instead of at the floor

happy as a pig in shit :rockon:

rep to all

thanx again
paul