clutch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphie_EP82

Member +
i just put a new engine in my starlet and the clutch is definitely not right, the clutch pedal is hard to press down and springs back up very hard. is this because the lines need bled? or could it be, because i used the old clutch that came attatched to the used engine i put in?

ralphie_EP82

Member +
i dont think its uprated, the pedal is just very hard to push down and when you release it engages instantly without much ability to control it?i've tried releasing slowly but its too difficult theres no biting just engages really fast maybe it needs a new one the one on the engine didn't look great i just thought maybe i'd get a few miles out of it

ralphie_EP82

Member +
ye man i think its just down to me being a total amatuer, thats me just arrived back in shetland where i go to college so for now the car is sitting in my garage in nairn i only get home for a weekend at a time so tackle the problems and never get too far, but its not far off ready for its mot now only done 2000 kms since its last so should pass ok only thing now is to fix the clutch and it'll be ready. can't wait! also i'll definitely keep hold of that number for the next time. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.