compression test results?

steveatyork

Member +
took the glanza today for the mot passed straight away:) and also had a full service.so while i had that done thought i would get a compression test done before i book her for mapping ect next month.anyways results are 1 145psi 2 140psi 3 138psi 4 140psi does this sound gd??

fur

Member +
what is the spec of ure car steve?
those figures are pretty low, especially if ure car is a stock 4e

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
took the glanza today for the mot passed straight away:) and also had a full service.so while i had that done thought i would get a compression test done before i book her for mapping ect next month.anyways results are 1 145psi 2 140psi 3 138psi 4 140psi does this sound gd??

same as mine, although a little low accross the board they're even.

steveatyork

Member +
thanks lads.just wanted to know. before i get it mapped. not many mods at all tbh. front mount full exhaust downpipe running 7/8 psi.. but i do think at somtime in its life that its had a bigger turbo on? cause when i got the car it had a paddle clutch in it. and it was slipping and with the current mods i have now.i doubt they would make the clutch slip.

what is the spec of ure car steve?
those figures are pretty low, especially if ure car is a stock 4e

i was saying the same thing at first,,,,,,but could be a number of reasons including how the test was done, the type of compression tester, if the tester is good, etc.etc....

i know we accustomed to hearing somewhere between 150-180cc per cylinder

fur

Member +
i was saying the same thing at first,,,,,,but could be a number of reasons including how the test was done, the type of compression tester, if the tester is good, etc.etc....

i know we accustomed to hearing somewhere between 150-180cc per cylinder

that is what i was saying
was this test done with the engine up to operating temperature?

TurboDave

Member +
Different compression testers give different readings as long as the readings are similar you have nothing to worry about. It is very unlikely there is anything wrong with the compression accross all 4 cylinders.

:)