Converting Hole-Type Wastegate lever to Pin-Type...

riko666

Member +
Pin-Type CT9a Wastegate Lever

Right, considering the pin is pressed into the Actuator or Wastegate Arms, I'm presuming I'll need to find a Pin-type Wastegate arm to replace the hole-type if I'm to use my Hole-type Actuator?

If so, anyone have one laying about? Thanks

Last edited:

Smore

Lifer
Right, considering the pin is pressed into the Actuator or Wastegate Arms, I'm presuming I'll need to find a Pin-type Wastegate arm to replace the hole-type if I'm to use my Hole-type Actuator?

If so, anyone have one laying about? Thanks

think you may need to get ther pin type actuator or possibly change to an older ct9 from mk1 gt as they have the pin on the wastegate arm instead

not sure if you can swap the arms

dac69er

Super Moderator
i had that problem when i got my turbo rebuilt. got a ct9b but had the hks actuator to fit my old ct9a with the pin on the lever.

had to make the hks actuator a pin type by grinding off an old pin from a knackered exhaust housings wastegate arm then welding it in place on the hks actuator. after than a quick spray of silver heat resistant paint and it looks as though its original!

riko666

Member +
I feared it could've been a question of welding...bah, being an impatient lil' princess as previously mentioned, I think I'll have to look for a Pin-Type JAM Actuator instead, too much hassle looking for a Pin, then welding...grrraaargh....ok, I'll change topic title

froshtyv

Member +
Or do what i did,

Just get an m4 bolt and nut,

p
Put the bolt through the wategate hole screw the nut all the way down to secure the bolt,

Then put the end of the actuator arm in the bolt and put another nut to secure it tight,

Worked for me.

Sharagath

Member +
isn't there a way to cut treath on it, by joining 2 types into one?

i can't find out the difference, do you have pictures?

dac69er

Super Moderator
it works fine but its just a bit rough. the bolts wont be as hard wearing as the proper pin though!

riko666

Member +
Exactly - I mean I'd like the idea you put across Duncan, as well...I'm not rushed for time on it, it's for my spare CT9b...I just don't know any welders around

dac69er

Super Moderator
tig weld it and itll look as though its original. would do it for you at work if you lived closer!

riko666

Member +
Suffolk isn't far...is it? I have no idea :eek: Well, I don't like forcing anything on anyone, but perhaps one day if you're not busy I could post the parts over to you? And then perhaps pay you for the favour

dac69er

Super Moderator
get the bits together and post them too me mate and i can sort it for you as long as im not too busy at work.

let me know

riko666

Member +
cheers chap - so to recap I just need to grind off the pin from the wastegate lever? Now...anyone got a spare Pin-Type wastegate lever :p

dac69er

Super Moderator
just grind off the whole arm. or if anyone has a spare pin type actuator you can take the pin off that and use that instead.