crash course 4efte building

rage

Lifer
rebuild of my friends 4efte after a catastrofic engine fail

1 injector failed, melted a piston and ruined the cylinder.

replaced the bottom end and gave it a propper rebuild with all new gaskets, bearrings, oilpump, waterpump etc.

oh, the piston after i got it out of the old block :D

FB_IMG_1405170887186.jpg

now that's a keeper!

made a timelapse vid of me building the engine

try to keep up and take notes, it's a quick build :p

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYuiyp_0dNc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

rage

Lifer
i'll be keeping that for sure :D collecting all sorts of engine fail bits so i can show people what can go wrong

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
You should do a slow video, with each step written and spoken so anyone can give a rebuild a try :)

That piston isn't that bad LOL!!

rage

Lifer
i am thinking about doing a full rebuild vid as a step by step guide with all measurements, tools needed etc.
but the question is, should it be a stock rebuild? think that has the most use for people

Jay

Admin
i am thinking about doing a full rebuild vid as a step by step guide with all measurements, tools needed etc.
but the question is, should it be a stock rebuild? think that has the most use for people

Would honestly love this, it would certainly help a lot of owners understand what is going on in there (plus how to fix it when it all goes wrong!)

rage

Lifer
just pondering here.

would just a build vid be enough? or would a teardown also be usefull? or taking an engine out of the bay?

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
I recon a full video. Talking engine out, a full tear down, best way to clean all parts, how to catalogue and then the rebuild. Stock would be a good start for pretty much anyone.

I'd even pay money for something like this ;)

Mark

rage

Lifer
my car isn't a good example of how to take an engine out. it's been reworked so many times and it's too easy to take out.

if i am to do a vid like that i would need a car that is pretty much stock to take an engine out of :)

jfj

Member +
a video will be great always feel im going 2 get stuck & make mistake & not able to do it right