cv boot replacement

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
alrite all need some help plz.i have found that i need to fit 2 new outer cv boots.i have stripped down the wheel, calipper and disc and removed the big 30mm nut on the end of the drive shaft.i have try'd to separate the hub from the drive shaft and its not up for moving plz could someone shed some light on this plz as iam gonna kill some fucker thanks for any help one stressed out mofo lol

madman

Member +
thread the nut back on a few turns so it sticks out a bit and hit it wit a hammer and it should pop out

ps you will need someone to hold the brake disc assembly out a bit so it has room to pop out

madman

Member +
im not 100% sure on how to separate them but my mechanic told me he could damage the joint seprating them when i enquired about getting mine replaced yesterday as i got the wrong type boots.. did you try steeping it with WD-40 for a bit and see if it will budge after a while?

lleey2k4

Member +
Have you took out the ball joint?

Then i used a copper mallet to hit the end of the drive shaft as its soft and shouldn't damage it.

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
i took off the track rod end and there was only the bottom ball joint left on the hub thought that might of give it enough room

lleey2k4

Member +
If you take off the bottom ball joint you could have left disks on and just pulled the disk away from the driveshaft using abit of force and a copper mallet.