D.I.Y toyota stock ecu mapping?

jabran200

Member +
I have done honda remaps ons tock ecus etc using ostrich and crome and thought the features were amazing in the stock ecu compared to piggybacks.

What I want to know is us there any support out there (software,address files etc) for toyota ecus? It would be a case of de-soldering the chip that contains the maps etc soldereing a socket and plugging in the ostrich but you would need some sort of software to do live mapping (once mapped you could burn it to a chip and plug it in),

It's about time toyota ecus got hacked really if they have'nt already.

dac69er

Super Moderator
someone has looked into this and apart from copying the jam/blitz/mines etc piggyback setup you cant do it very easily at all.

jabran200

Member +
People have, J.A.M,Blitz just to name a few. It can be done I know that but ay require a basic universal type rom editor though if nothign exists like the honda/nissan stuff (crome,uberdata,nistune) which is truly amazing at what/how you can remap much better the PFC,E-manage etc as its what the manufacturers have designed.

I have a nissan at the moment but would liek to get a corolla ae86 in the future and I would defo be looking into then but at the moment I am just doign research into ecu tuning in general.

I thinke pete oe someone on here was?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
was a lad called pete at autofixed i believe, not sure how he got on with it tho, i guess he got stuck and gave up because i havent heard anymore, maybe worth giving him a call?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
But haven't Jam / Blitz etc.. already cracked it?

yes they have, but its not a very good option seeing jam and blitz are in japan, so you would have to send your ecu off to them everytime to get it mapped / remapped which isnt cheap or very good as you really need the car there to map it.

would be alot easier and hassle free to get somewhere in england etc to do it.

im sure its possible just need the right tools for the job

I heard that JAM and Blitz would never give out the toyota crack as such and that i was a rare item.. who knows!.. Theres someone on here who has a mate in japan who works for JAM, i forget the name though!.. HHHHMMMMM

Adam_Glanza

Member +
it depends how much effort they put into it, its not the most popular car really so i doubt they put much research into it,

im sure if some1 worked really hard on it its possible

jabran200

Member +
all toyota ecus of that era will be similar in respect so its not that the starlet is not popular or nothing if one make of toyota of that era has been done then the others are possible too.

Blitz,jam etc use a duaghterboard? or was it a chip? if it's a daugterboard then I would have to replicate them but if it is a diretc replacement chip then it will be much easier.

jabran200

Member +
if thats the case then, those board would need to be replicated first. The only way that can be done is to buy an ecu with one fitted. Don't suppose any has dead ecu with the daughterboard lol?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
was a lad called pete at autofixed i believe, not sure how he got on with it tho, i guess he got stuck and gave up because i havent heard anymore, maybe worth giving him a call?

Last I heard he was having trouble with some microchip and he was replacing it.

if thats the case then, those board would need to be replicated first. The only way that can be done is to buy an ecu with one fitted. Don't suppose any has dead ecu with the daughterboard lol?

if you can replicate these then they will be a big seller! most of these go for 400 pounds +

glanzaV195

Member +
whats the point?? really? making something that you can buy already? all that effort.the likes of apexi power fc will out do anthing you can make by fucking round with a stock ecu, and plenty of places can tune it.
why why why...lol

if thats what you wanna do tho dude then carry on.... good luck;)

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
whats the point?? really? making something that you can buy already? all that effort.the likes of apexi power fc will out do anthing you can make by fucking round with a stock ecu, and plenty of places can tune it.
why why why...lol

if thats what you wanna do tho dude then carry on.... good luck;)

You've totally missed the point :homer:

Its all already been covered in this thread.