Decat and Mot

Rickyt

Member +
Going for Mot at end of month and wanted to no if any1 has put there car through wit decat pipe on, any problems or shud i just whack the catalyst back on instead of my dceat pipe??

Cheers

Rickyt

Member +
its 96 glanza m8, cud put it on but have few other things to get done and dont want to add to the list of things to do!

munday

Member +
its 96 glanza m8, cud put it on but have few other things to get done and dont want to add to the list of things to do!

It wont pass without one, unless you're very lucky! I would just put it on and then not have to worry, if its been sitting make sure you go for a long drive and boost it a bit to clear any moisture/corrosion and activate the CAT again

ryan_v

Lifer
lies, a mate put a 99 glanza threw mot last week with a straight threw exhaust, no cat, no back box nothing just a straight pipe and it passed (2.5 inch pipe)

as stated it should have a cat as per the mot testers guide book. By the book, my car should be tested on a non cat test yet some garages where wanting to test as a cat car.

Same probably happened with your mates car, it should have had a cat on, unless they do it differently in Ireland, as I am unsure if they have the same rules as mainland uk.