Defi Gauges

Bazza

Member +
Right I'm in process of buying bits to get my new project underway :)

I'm looking for some defi gauges I'm after the ones that are black when off and light up blue with White face any clues best place to buy?

Cheers
Baz

dark_knight

Member +
defi BF

just out of curiosity.. are there defi BF gauges that illuminate red & white..? i got me some & suspect they are generic..? :D the opening ceremony is also a little different, but just at one step. all else is pretty similar..

AdDaMan

Member +
Nope there are defi BF in amber, white or blue but no combination. Get some pics up and I'll tell you if there real.

dark_knight

Member +
defi BF, authentic or generic..?

didn't mean red & white at the same time, but how i've wired them up is to illuminate in red on ignition and white on parking illumination. here's a night shot of my oil press. & coolant temp gauges mid-way through installation then this is all of them post-installation.. i'm guessing they are definitely generic.. :p hehe

dark_knight

Member +
generic awesomeness

haha AdDaMan.. interesting thing is, they look and do everything just like the real/authentic gauges yet they cost about one third the cost. talk about chinese cloning.. :D hehehe. i'm not ashamed at all having them, they really look the part by the way.. :D
you can flip through the rest of my build pix -- this is part II of about a thousand more pix..

dark_knight

Member +
eBay

Bazza, shopping on eBay is usually a catch-22 situation because you go solely on trust, hoping that WYSIWYG. in my case though, it was a pal & i had a good long look before taking these.. :) so i guess i had the advantage of testing before purchase.. :D

AdDaMan

Member +
Is it best to stay away from eBay when buying these?
Are they all fakes?

No there not. They are mostly real on eBay mixed with fakes. PM me if you see any your not sure on as I've had a LOT of real ones and can spot them a mile off.