Diagnostics results... thoughts?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Engine management light has come on recently since i hit a bit of a pot hole whilst boosting in 1st gear... my mate plugged in his diagnostics machine yesterday and this is what was flagged up.. thoughts?

:)

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Did you have a look at the knock sensor under the inlet mani to see if ,on the off chance, you knocked it loose?

Jay

Admin
Yeah, check the wiring to the knock sensor (from the fuel rail leading down to the sensor) for breaks, check the connector hasn't come loose and if those aren't the issue it wouldn't be the first faulty knock sensor I've seen. You will probably get a warning lamp everytime you drive it and the car will not drive 100% until it is sorted.

Jay

weeJohn

Lifer
Check your engine mounts, it could have just confused a metal to metal knock in the mount as engine knock from hitting the pot hole.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Thanks dude ^^ will get it on the axle stands at the weekend and have a proper look around and report back with my findings :)

davehart

Member +
Though I would re-visit this thread as I bring the purple beast back to life.

Error code 52 is still there, even after Lewis took it to TB developments before it came off the road and was cleared from the report.

Code comes on as soon as you blip the throttle. I'm gonna get it jacked up and checked the wiring this afternoon.

davehart

Member +
I didn't even have to put it on the jacks. Located the wire which runs along the fuel rail, gave it a wobble and you can just see down in between the inlet manifolds the connector going in.....it looks like a bodged spade connector! I think that's the issue......now, just the solution.